No kid can resist these delicious and easy english muffin pizzas.
EASY English Muffin Pizzas
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Easy English muffin pizzas were the very first recipe that I ever made.
When I was in first grade my classmates parents submitted recipes to be put into a class “book”.
I say book but it was really just a bunch of photos copies strung together through a hole punch.
Gotta love the 80’s.
Anyway, these easy english muffin pizzas were one of the submissions.
My Mom and I made it together and I remember it like it was yesterday.
I felt so involved in the process and accomplished when it was done. Just like a real chef!
This is what sparked my interest in cooking.
I’ve since made this recipe with a bunch of kids in my life. I love seeing their sense of pride when it’s done.
If you have an aspiring chef on your hands, these easy english muffin pizzas may be a great one for you to try together.
YouTube recipe video:
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss, no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Preorder your copy HERE & thanks for the support.
Tips for the best easy English muffin pizzas
These are so easy to make but there are some things you can do to make sure they’re at their very best.
- Toast them- be sure to lightly toast the English muffins before adding the tomato sauce or they will get soggy.
- Use a good sauce. I’m not against jarred sauce. Try to pick a high quality one. If you are looking for a great tomato sauce recipe I have one HERE.
- Cheese- shred the mozzarella cheese yourself. It will melt much better than the preshredded stuff in a bag.
What to serve with easy English muffin pizzas
Sides are completely up to you as always.
If you’re serving these as an after school snack I’d say to leave them as is.
As a dinner, you may want to add some veggies in the side.
Here are a couple easy vegetable side dishes that are perfect.
- Frozen Roasted Green Beans
- Ranch Butter Corn
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
Easy English Muffin Pizza Ingredients:
- English Muffins
- Tomato Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
First, break the English muffins in half by using either your fingers or a fork and lightly toast them.
Next, add some tomato sauce to each top of the english muffin.
Now add some shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce and some basil/parsley if you’d like.
This is the time to add toppings if you want.
Its finally time to bake it in the oven! Just let them cool off for a little and you’re ready to eat.
Easy English Muffin Pizza Recipe Video
English Muffin Pizza
- toaster oven
- 1 English Muffin
- Shredded Mozarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Sauce
- Pepperoni (optional)
- Cut or tear open the English Muffin
- Lightly toast in the toaster oven or conventional oven
- Add tomato sauce
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Add sliced pepperoni (optional)
- Bake at 400° for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted