Cheesy egg toast is nice spin on eggs in a whole. Its perfect for a weekend brunch because it can be made for a crowd if needed.
Cheesy Egg Toast
From the recipe collection of Al Adente Diva
I’ve been making this Cheesy Egg Toast for a while now. I never thought to post about it before because of the simplicity. But I recently made it for a friend who absolutely loved it. She had never had it before.
I realized, as simple as it may be, there are still people out there who don’t know it exists.
So for the people who haven’t had cheesy egg toast this ones for you.
Why I love this :
- It’s even better then eggs in a hole because the whole piece of bread it used. But it gives the same interesting look.
- It’s fast & easy.
- It combines 3 breakfast favorites (bread, egg and cheese) in a fun new way.
- It can be made for a crowd. Bake these in bulk on a cookie sheet and you can make a bunch at a time
- Sliced Bread
- Shredded Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Toaster Oven
Here’s How To Do It:
First, press the inside of the bread down creating a large sunken hole using a spoon.
Next, Season and butter the edges of the bread then sprinkle with cheese.
Now bake until the cheese is melted and the egg is as firm or soft as you like it
One of the reasons that I like sharing recipes so much is that they’re used as a guide for the most part.
Baking is so precise. You don’t have much room to deviate from measurements and stuff like that. That said, take this as a guide.
If you want to scramble the egg before adding it- do it. Or, if you want to sprinkle some bacon bits on top- go for it. Maybe you want to add some chopped veggies- the choice is yours. Enjoy and have fun!
If you’re looking for something to serve with this. How’s a nice side of crispy oven baked bacon?
I hope you like this one! And if you do, you might also like these waffle iron cinnamon rolls, too!
💜 Al Dente Diva
Cheesy Egg Toast
- toaster oven
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tsp Butter
- 1 Slice Bread Any kind
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheese Any kind
- Salt & Pepper
- Using a spoon, push down and create a divot in the center of the bread
- Crack the egg and add it to the center
- Butter the rim on the bread
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add cheese to the perimeter of the bread, covering some of the egg but not the yolk
- Bake in a toaster oven or conventional oven at 400° for about 10 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.