The best way to reheat pizza is not in an oven or in the microwave it’s right on the stove top.
The Best Way to Reheat Pizza
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Whats the best way to reheat pizza?
The answer might surprise you or maybe even seem a little weird.
It’s not in an oven or worse yet a microwave. It’s not even in an air fryer. Now Im not saying those methods are bad necessarily.
The best way to reheat a slice of pizza is in a frying on the stove with a little bit of water.
I know that may sound a little strange but it is absolutely awesome.
The pan crisps the crust and the cheese melts perfectly with a little help from some water.
It’s like new again!
I hope you give this method a try and you’ll see why it’s the best.
Why this method is the best:
- Saves time. This is a fast process!
- It never over cooks or burns like it can in the oven.
- Crispy bottom crust and perfectly melted cheese every single time
- it’s never rubbery like when you use the microwave.
- Cold pizza slices
- large skillet with a lid
Here’s How To Do It:
Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Place the cold pizza in the center of the skillet until it looks like its “coming back to life”. Meaning, you’ll see the cheese start to melt and oil reform on the top
.Add a tablespoon or two of water around the pizza.
Lid the skillet and continue cooking until the water evaporates and steams the cheese until it’s perfectly melted.
Serve warm and enjoy the best reheated pizza slice you’ve ever had.
The Best Way To Reheat Pizza
- large skillet with lid
- 2 tbs water
- 1 slice cold pizza
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add the cold slice of pizza
- Cook for a few minutes until the pizza starts to look oily again
- Add the water around the slice and place the lid on top
- Let the water steam for a few minutes until the cheese is melted
- Remove from the skillet and serve