The best way to reheat pizza is not in an oven or in the microwave. The greatest way to do it might surprise you.
The Best Way to Reheat Pizza
From the recipe collection of Al Adente Diva
I haven’t met a person yet who doesn’t like pizza. I have, however, seen people debate about what the best way to eat leftover pizza is. There seems to be two very distinct teams. Team reheat and team cold slice.
It’s not too often that a whole pie doesn’t get eaten immediately and some slices make it to my fridge. In the event that there are leftovers, I have a hard decision to make. How am I gonna eat it?
When the mood strikes me right for a hot slice, I know just the right method to restore it back to its “fresh out of the oven” state.
The best way to reheat pizza is on the stove top in a large skillet. Yes, I said skillet.
Why this method is the best:
- Saves time. This is a fast process!
- It never over cooks or burns like it can in the oven.
- Crispy bottom crust and perfectly melted cheese every single time
- it’s never rubbery like when you use the microwave.
I’m from Bergen County, New Jersey, where we have access to some of the best pizza in the country. We treat our pizza with the respect that it deserves here. so heres what you need to know about the best way to reheat pizza..
- Cold pizza slices
- A large skillet with lid
Here’s How To Do It:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the cold pizza in the center of the skillet until it looks like its “coming back to life”. Meaning, you’ll see the cheese start to melt and oil reform on the top.
- Add a tablespoon or two of water around the pizza.
- Lid the skillet and continue cooking until the water evaporates and steams the cheese until it’s perfectly melted.
What it will look like:
Place the pizza in a hot skillet.
Leave it there till it looks like it’s “coming back to life”. This is what I mean by that. See how it looks like it’s re heating? That’s what you’re looking for.
Now is the time to add your water around the slice.
Now pop a lid on top to let all that water steam the cheese until it’s melted.
Yes!!! Looks perfect!
And no, the crust on the bottom does not get soggy, promise.
That’s it. Nothing too complicated about this method. Yes, it’s more work than hitting a couple of buttons on the microwave or placing it in the toaster oven. But if you want your pizza to be the best that it can be, then you gotta make a tiny little bit of effort. It will be worth it, trust me.
If you liked this little food hack then you might also really like my secret to the best grilled cheese.
💜 Al Dente Diva
The Best Way To Reheat Pizza
- large skillet with lid
- 2 tbs water
- 1 slice cold pizza
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add the cold slice of pizza
- Cook for a few minutes until the pizza starts to look oily again
- Add the water around the slice and place the lid on top
- Let the water steam for a few minutes until the cheese is melted
- Remove from the skillet and serve