This baked glazed ham recipe is made with only a few simple ingredients like brown sugar, maple syrup and mustard and is perfect for the holidays.
Baked Glazed Ham Recipe
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
You just hit the holiday food jackpot with this baked glazed ham recipe.
It’s been in my family for generations. My grandfather was the first in my family to make it and now we all do.
Holidays come like Thanksgiving and we skip the turkey all together.
Glazed ham is not only what we want but also food we most look forward to!
I’m one of four kids and my Mother make this ham for every family gathering. My siblings and I absolutely love it.
Once I had kids and started having holidays at my house is when I started to make this recipe, too.
I was blown away with how easy it was!
I just assumed it would be complicated but it’s not at all!
Now my kids and nieces can enjoy this as the next generation to enjoy it.
I know if you try this baked glazed ham recipe that you’ll love it just as much, too.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HERE to order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
What kind of ham should I use?
What kind of ham to choose for this recipe can be overwhelming. There are a lot of options out there.
I prefer to use a bone in shank or butt if I can’t find that.
Hey are easy to slice and can feed a crowd easily.
You can also use a spiral ham just keep in mind that they tend to dry out and cook faster. So be sure to keep the foil on it.
What can I serve with this baked glazed ham recipe?
We usually make this glazed ham recipe for holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter.
That means there are a lot of delicious holiday sides to go with it.
Every family has their own but here are a few of my absolute favorites.
Baked glazed ham recipe ingredients
- 1 large Ham (8-10 lb fully cooked ham)
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Roasting Pan
- Tin Foil
- Parchment Paper
First, remove the ham from its wrapper and trim some of the fat off.
Now transfer it to a parchment paper lined roasting pan cut side DOWN.
Then add a half of cup of water to the pan and tin foil tent it.
Next bake the ham at 325° for 2.5 hours.
Once the time is close to being up, make the glaze. Heat up brown sugar, maple syrup and mustard in a small sauce pan and whisk until the sugar is nice and smooth.
Now take the ham out of the oven, remove the tin foil and score the top.
Then turn up the oven temperature to 400° and pour half the glaze on top of the ham. Bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
Then pour the rest of the glaze on top and bake it for another 15 minutes.
Finally let the ham cool slightly and transfer it to a cutting board.
Slice and enjoy!
Baked glazed ham recipe YouTube video
Baked Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 10 lb Ham Shank
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c mustard
- Fist, remove the ham from the packaging, trim some fat and place it cut side down on a parchment paper lined roasting pan and add the water.
- Bake at 325 degree, covered for 2.5 hours
- Once the ham is almost done, make the glaze in a sauce pan. Over medium high heat, whisk the brown sugar, syrup and mustard until the sugar dissolves and the glaze is smooth.
- Now carefully remove the tin foil from the ham and score the top using a sharp knife. pour half of the glaze over the ham and bake it, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the ham over the ham and bake it, uncovered, for another 15 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly then carefully transfer the baking ham to a cutting board, slice and enjoy.