This Cheesy Texas Toast recipe is delicious and goes with just about anything.
Cheesy Texas Toast Recipe
From recipe collection of Al Dente Diva
To be totally honest with you I didn’t even know they made Texas Toast style bread. I thought it was only available as the actual brand Texas Toast. You know, that absolutely deliciously thick garlic bread in the frozen food section of the grocery store. So when I stumbled upon a loaf in the bread section I had to buy it.
I figured if the frozen style Texas Toast was great then making it at home must be incredible! Well, I was absolutely correct. I added cheese to the top and it was maybe the best decision I’ve ever made in my entire life. I’m being dramatic but you know what I mean.
This cheesy Texas Toast recipe is incredibly easy to make and pairs perfectly with just about anything. Thats assuming you’re into thick toasty bread slathered in garlic butter and covered in melted cheese. You are? Fantastic!! Let me tell you how to make it.
- Texas Toast style bread
- Softened butter
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil
1. First lightly toast the bread and place the slices on a baking sheet
2. Next stir the butter and seasonings together until they are evenly combined.
3. Now spread the butter into each piece of toast.
4. Then combine the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
5. Next the buttered side of the toast with the cheese.
6. Finally bake at 450° until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Serve warm.
Just an FYI…
- Make sure you toast the bread first. This will prevent it from getting soggy.
- You can absolutely skip the cheese if you don’t like it.
- The herb butter can be customized to whatever you like. Add or take away whatever you want.
- Lots of cheeses work here. So don’t be afraid to experiment with some custom blends of your own.
- If you’re a dipper- heres BASIC TOMATO SAUCE that would go great with this.
- Check out my TIK TOK post for comments and get even more inspiration.
Cheesy Texas Toast Recipe
- 4 slices Texas Toast
- 1/4 cup Soft Butter
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Basil
- Dreid Parsley
- Lightly toast the texas toast and lay it on a cookie sheet
- Mix the butter into the dry herbs, salt & pepper until its evenly combined.
- Spread the butter evenly over the top of each piece of toast
- Add the shredded cheese on top of the butter
- Bake at 475 degrees until the cheese is melted
- Serve warm
About Al Dente Diva
Tara Ippolito is a self taught home cook from New Jersey and cookbook author of Fast, Simple, Delicious. Better known as “T” across social media, she makes easy to follow recipes using familiar ingredients. T uses her Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest channels to share recipes and cooking tips for everyday people. Her motivation to share with her followers is simple. To inspire people to cook and become more comfortable in the kitchen.
As a wife and busy mother of two little boys she she’s always cooking fast family friendly meals. Sharing her kitchen with others that want to learn is a true passion of hers. As her social media platforms continue to grow she is committed to delivering consistently delicious content to her followers.