This easy boom boom sauce is going to be your new favorite condiment.
Easy Boom Boom Sauce
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Just wait until you try this easy boom boom sauce recipe. This dipping sauce is one of my all time favorites. I’m a huge fan of condiments.
I always said If I ever opened a new food page I’d call myself the “condiment queen” and post tons of recipes for dipping sauces.
I feel like there are two groups of people when it comes to condiments. Those who feel like they make or break the meal and those who couldn’t really care less about them.
Let me just say that both groups will enjoy this recipe. But those of you who are dipping sauce fanatics like me will absolutely fall in love with this one.
Boom Boom sauce is fantastic on so many things like the mini blooming onions in these pictures.
It’s a mayonnaise based sauce beefed by adding some other simple condiments and seasonings. There’s so many different uses for this, too.
If you liked this recipe, please Pin it or share it to social media. Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought about it. Thank you so much.
other sauces you’ll love:
Boom Boom Sauce Uses
- Burgers and hot dogs
- French fries, tater tots and potato chips
- Onion rings and blooming onions
- Sandwiches and wraps
- Chicken fingers and nuggets
- Fried Pickles
- Crab and fish cakes cakes
I really like this sauce as it is but I have seen some slight variations that I figured I’d include. Maybe they seem like something you’d be interested in trying.
- Sweet Pickle Relish- Add about a teaspoon to the boom boom sauce recipe. This is a really nice addition and reminds me almost of a Big Mac Sauce. This would be great to add if you’re making burger.
- Lemon or Lime Juice- Just a little squeeze of citrus will add a nice acidic flavor if you like that.
- White Sugar- About a half a teaspoon of sugar is all you need to add for a little extra sweetness to this boom boom sauce.
How to spice it up:
If you like a little extra heat here are a couple of ways to spice this boom boom sauce up.
- Spicy Mustard – feel free to switch the Dijon mustard out for spicy mustard. It won’t add a ton of heat but just a little bit of spice.
- Sriracha– Adding some sriracha is a great way to heat this boom boom sauce up. How much is up to you. That depends on how hot you’d like it. I just recommend you start small with a little bit. Give it a mix into the sauce and taste it. If you’d like more heat then slowly add some more. Remember it’s easier to add the heat then take it away.
These two things can be used together, too. So add them both if you’d like to.
Boom Boom Sauce Recipe Video:
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
1. In a medium sized bowl add all of the ingredients.
2. Whisk everything together until the sauce is nice and smooth.
3. I like to pop this into the fridge for about a half hour so to really let the flavors blend.
You don’t really need to do that. The sauce can be used immediately but this is just my preference. I actually like the way it tastes even more the next day.
Easy Boom Boom Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs Djion Mustard
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, add all of the ingredients.
- Using a whisk, combine everything until its nicely smoothed
- Refrigerate the suace and save it for later or use it immediately