This super easy and adorable Easter carrot cheese ball is the perfect way to add something festive to your holiday table.
Easter Carrot Cheese Ball
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Before we even get into it, how incredibly adorable is this Easter carrot cheese ball?!
I don’t really see a ton of festive Easter themed food out there and this is absolutely perfect.
It’s so quick and easy, too! Especially when taking some short cuts like we’re going to do in this recipe.
Making this cheese ball requires minimal effort and gets maximum results. Can’t ever go wrong with that.
Oh, and it’s delicious, too. That’s a very important thing to mention.
I mean, it’s pretty much just a bunch of cheeses, crumbled bacon and some everything bagel seasoning.
How could you not be into that? This recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser for sure.
Easter carrot cheese balls are a great holiday themed brunch idea, side dish, or appetizer.
They’re also super versatile.
Try this carrot cheese ball at your next Easter party and I’m sure you’re going to love it just as much as my family does.
How can I make this easter carrot cheese ball its best?
This is a pretty straight forward recipe so theres not much to it at all. If you’d like to make sure its at its best id recommend doing the following.
Shred the cheese yourself. Its a huge game changer. The cheese is fresher, creamier and over all just a better choice.
Also, cook your bacon to perfection. Try to make it on the crispier side if you can. It works better for this recipe for sure. Here’s a great method to cooking bacon if you’d like to check it out.
What if i dont have everything bagel seasoning?
Its no big deal if you don’t have everything bagel seasoning. This stuff is fantastic so I would recommend grabbing some if you see it out.
But no to worry if you aren’t into it. Just season the cream cheese with a little garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder or whatever you’d like.
You can even omit the seasoning completely if you want.
What cream cheese can I use?
Whether cream cheese you’d like to use is up to you.
I used to take plain cream cheese and all all sorts of things to it like chives and chopped vegetables.
Now I just get flavored cream cheese to save myself the time.
I used chive cream cheese here but veggie is a great alternative, too.
Try jalapeño flavored if you’d like to bring some heat to this cheese ball.
I used whipped cream cheese but if you use regular cream cheese please be aware that it will be very hard to mix and form if it’s not brought to room temperature first.
Do I have to use the bacon?
No you don’t have to use the bacon if you’d like to make this cheese ball carrot vegetarian friendly.
Omit it completely if you’d like.
If you will miss the little crunch that that the bacon brings, chopped walnuts would be a nice switch out.
Can this be made ahead?
Yes, this Easter carrot cheese ball can be made ahead.
If you’d like to make it the night before, mix Everything together and form it into the carrot shape.
Id wait to add the cheddar cheese to the cream cheese mixture and the parsley until its time to serve though.
Easter carrot cheese ball video:
Easter carrot cheese ball ingredients:
- Whipped chive cream cheese
- Cooked and crumbled bacon (I have a great method to cooking it HERE if you’d like)
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Large bunch of fresh parsley
First, in a medium sized bowl, add the cream cheese.
Then add the crumbled bacon.
Next add the everything bagel seasoning.
Now add the shredded Monterey jack cheese.
After that, mix everything together until it’s evenly combined.
Then take the mixture and add it to a serving try try to place it down in a way that will wake it easier to form into a carrot shape.
Now from the cream cheese mixture into the shape of a carrot.
Clean up any smeared cheese on the edges with a paper towel or dish towel.
Next, place the shredded cheddar cheese all over the cream cheese mixture covering it completely.
Finally place the bunch of parsley on the top of the carrot to recreate a stem.
Serve with whatever chips you’d like and enjoy!
Easter Carrot Cheese Ball
- 2 8 oz Chive Cream Cheese, whipped
- 4 strips Cooked and Crumbled Bacon
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 2 tbs Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley
- In a medium sized bowl, add the cream cheeses, crumbled bacon, everything bagel seasoning and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Mix it all together until its evenly combined
- Now place it onto a serving platter and form the mixutre into a carrot shape
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese to the cream cheese mixture until its completely covered
- Now add the bunch of parsley to the top. You can kinda just shove it into the top or raise the end of the carrot that the parsley will be at at with a spatula and place the parsley down then the cream cheese carrot on top.
- Serve with whatever chips you'd like. I love the everything bagel pretzel chips that I used in my recipe video.
Whats for dessert:
Here are some super cute dessert ideas for after this cheese ball is done.
- Muffin tin cinnamon roll apple pies
- 3 ingredient blueberry cobbler
- Warm chocolate chip cookie cast iron skillet