I have a trick to these easy Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders that make them the perfect crowd pleasing dinner.
Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito.
These Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders really are the perfect weekday dinner.
My family loves this recipe and I do too.
They’re so easy to make and require minimal effort. That’s my kind of dinner!
This is a great way to make a bunch of cheeseburgers at one time. Perfect for a hungry crowd.
They taste a little bit like White Castle sliders to me. I haven’t had those in a long time but I used to love those burgers!
The Kings Hawaiian Rolls for this recipe make the perfect portioned out servings.
I feel like anything made on these rolls turns to gold immediately. They’re just so good!
I know if you give these a try that you’ll love them too!
What to serve with these Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders
Sides are of course always up to you but I do have some suggestions you may like.
Roasted parmesan broccoli is a great vegetable side dish option or choose any vegetable you’d like.
Another good idea is a nice big house salad. Any of these would be perfect.
Tips for the best Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders.
These Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders are so easy to make.
There are a couple things you can do to be sure they’re at their best.
- Fat- be sure to drain the fat from the ground beef after it’s browned. This will prevent the burgers from being overly greasy.
- Cheese- take the cheese out of the fridge while you’re browning the beef. This will help the cheese get to room temperature so it can melt easier in the oven.
- Cheese Barrier- placing the cheese slices down on the top and the bottom of the Hawaiian rolls will create a barrier for grease. This way the rolls won’t get soggy.
- Shredded Cheese- adding a little shredded cheese to the ground beef will also keep the beef from being too loose and falling out all over the place.
Can you make these Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders ahead?
Yes, you can make these ahead.
Put them together as the directions say but do not add the melted butter topping.
Save that for right before you’re going to bake them.
These can be made up to a day or two ahead of when you’re going to serve them.
Hawaiian roll cheeseburger slider ingredients
- Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- Onion powder
- Ground beef
- Shredded cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper
- American cheese slices
- Sesame seeds
First, add the beef to a large skillet over medium high heat. Using a wooden spoon/ spatula break the meat up into small pieces.
Cook it until all the pieces are browned.
Now turn off the heat and drain the fat from the pan.
Then add some Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. If you want to add any additional seasonings do it now.
Next, add the shredded cheese and stir it into the beef.
Now slice the package of Hawaiian rolls horizontally. Place the top half off to the side keeping the rolls intact.
On the bottom portion of the Hawaiian rolls, add the American cheese slices. Make sure the cheese covers the rolls completely. This will make a barrier so no trapped grease makes them soggy.
Then add the ground beef to the top of the cheese. Spread it out evenly.
Next, add more slices of American cheese to to top of the beef.
After that, add the top portion of the Hawaiian rolls.
Then melt the butter and brush it on top of the rolls.
Now immediately sprinkles the sesame seeds on top.
Finally cover it with tin foil and bake at 350° for about 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Serve warm and enjoy.
Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders recipe video
Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
- Parchment Paper
- baking sheet
- 1.5 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- 8-10 slices American Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 2 tbs Onion Powder
- 3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbs Butter, Melted
- 2 tbs Sesame Seeds
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls horizontally down the center and place the intact top off to the side. Place the bottom half onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Put half of the American cheese slices down onto the bottom half of the rolls. Make sure they cover the bottom of the rolls completely.
- Brown the ground beef over medium high heat. Drain any accumulated fat from the pan and return it to the stove with the heat off.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce then add the shredded cheese. Stir it all together until its evenly combined.
- Add the beed mixture to cheese topped rolls then add another layer of American cheese slices to the top.
- Place the top of the rolls back on to the burgers and brush the tops with the melted butter
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes or until the bread is golden browned
- Serve warm and enjoy!!