This homemade chunky bleu cheese dressing is so easy to make and the perfect salad.dressing and condiment..
Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
There’s nothing better then a really good chunky bleu cheese dressing.
I’m a huge fan of condiments in general and bleu cheese is my favorite!
I always said if I opened another social media account instead of Al Dente Diva I’d call myself The Condiment Queen.
Finding the right one at the grocery store can be a difficult task for me. I’m super picky about which ones I like.
Once I started making this bleu cheese dressing recipe my search for the perfect bottled one came to a stop.
This is it! This is THE one.
Sure, the pre made stuff at the store is more convenient but this dressing takes barely any effort to make.
It’s so worth it for all the extra goodness.
This homemade dressing is creamy and chunky at the same time.
It truly is the perfect blend and consistency.
It’s amazing over any salad or even used as a dipping sauce.
I know if you give this recipe a try you’ll love it just as much as I do.
Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing Tips
This recipe is very easy to make but there are two big tips I have to make sure that this dressing is at its best.
- Bleu Cheese- don’t get the bleu cheese crumbles at the grocery store. Make sure to buy the bleu cheese in a block and crumble it yourself. Ot will taste so much better and creamier that way. You can also control the size of the chunks that way.
- Marinating- this dressing is at its best when it gets to marinate in the fridge for a few hours. Try to make it at least 6 hours ahead or even better let it sit overnight. All those flavors need time to blend together.
Follow these two tips for the best results..
Other Dipping Sauces
If you like an easy to make and delicious dipping sauce like I do here are a few more I know you’ll love.
How long does this chunky bleu cheese stay fresh for?
If you happen to not use up all of this dressing in one sitting it can last in the fridge for about 3 weeks.
Just be sure to place it in an air tight container in the fridge and you’ll be good to go!
Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing Ingredients
- Whole Milk
- White Wine Vinegar
- Bleu Cheese, crumbled yourself off the block
- Sour Cream
- Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
First, add the bleu cheese to a medium sized bowl and mash if with a fork.
Next add all of the other ingredients.
Then stir them all together until they’re evenly combined.
If you’d like some extra blue blue cheese crumbles in there, break some more off with your fingers and add them to the dressing now.
Now cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least 6 hours before serving to let the flavors marinate.
Finally stir it one more time and serve!
Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing Recipe Video
chunky bleu cheese dressing
- 6-8 oz blue cheese (in a block not crumbled)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- First, in a medium size bowl, place the bleu cheese down and smash it with a fork
- Now add all of the other ingredients and stir them until they're evenly combined.
- Place it in the fridge for at least 6 hours to blend all the flavors together.
- Stir one last time before serving and give it a taste test. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
About Al Dente Diva
Tara Ippolito is a self taught home cook from New Jersey and cookbook author of Fast, Simple, Delicious. Better known as “T” across social media, she makes easy to follow recipes using familiar ingredients. T uses her Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest channels to share recipes and cooking tips for everyday people. Her motivation to share with her followers is simple. To inspire people to cook and become more comfortable in the kitchen.
As a wife and busy mother of two little boys she she’s always cooking fast family friendly meals. Sharing her kitchen with others that want to learn is a true passion of hers. As her social media platforms continue to grow she is committed to delivering consistently delicious content to her followers.