This 3 ingredient Texas Toast Pizza is the perfect thing to make when you need something fast and easy to put together.
Texas Toast Pizza
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
It doesn’t get any easier then this 3 ingredient Texas Toast Pizza.
Ready in under 15 minutes and incredibly delicious, too.
It’s the perfect thing to make when you just need to throw something together for dinner.
I think my kids secretly hope I lose track of the day just so they can request this.
This is a family favorite recipe around here for sure. I make this as a quick snack all the time, too.
I mean Texas Toast Pizza does make a lot of sense when you think about it.
You will absolutely not be disappointed if you give this one a try. I know you’re going to love it, too. It’s impossible not to.
Other Dinners In A Pinch
Whether you’re short on time or watching your wallet, here are a few super easy and affordable dinner ideas.
- Baked. BBQ chicken Drumsticks
- Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf
- Ham & Swiss Crescent Rolls
- 4 Ingredient Pesto Chicken
- Zesty Italian Chicken Thighs
- Semi Homemade Orange Chicken Tenders
Any one of those recipes would be great for a busy weekday dinner.
Tips For The Best Texas Toast Pizza
This is the easiest recipe of all time. There’s nothing to it at all.
There are just a couple more things that you can do to make sure that this Texas toast pizza is at its best.
- Texas Toast. Make sure to actually toast the Texas Toast before you add the sauce and toppings. It shouldn’t be completely done. Remove it a couple of minutes before the directions say so then add the sauce and cheese. This will make sure that the sauce doesn’t soak into the bread and make it soggy.
- Mozzarella Cheese- Grate the mozzarella cheese yourself. Don’t get the pre shredded stuff that comes in a bag at the grocery store. There’s all sorts of stuff in that cheese to keep it fresh and from prevent it from clumping. It will also stop the cheese from melting properly, too. Grate it yourself if you can.
What Tomato Sauce Should I use?
You can use whatever tomato sauce you’d like.
I kept it simple and used a jar of Rao’s Homemade that I had at the house.
Feel free to use your favorite jarred sauce or homemade if you have some.
I also have a great recipe for Simple Italian Tomato Sauce if you’d like to make your own and are looking for a recipe.
The topping variations for this Texas Toast Pizza are endless.
Add whatever toppings you’d add to a regular pizza for this one.
Here are some suggestions if you’re in need of some inspiration:
Use your imagination and add whatever you think would be awesome.
Texas Toast Pizza Ingredients
First, lay out the Texas Toast into a tin foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Then follow the cooking directions on the back of the package and remove the toast 2 min before the time it says to.
The Texas Toast should just slightly toasted but not completely cooked.
Now add the tomato sauce.
Then add shredded mozzarella cheese.
Next add the pepperoni, whatever other toppings you’d like or none at all.
After that place it in the oven at 425° for another 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
Finally let it cool slightly and sprinkle it with parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
Texas Toast Pizza Recipe Video
Texas Toast Pizza
- baking sheet
- parchment paper or tin foil
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce add more or less if you want
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 12 slices pepperoni (Optional)
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley, optional
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the texas to toast slices down on a parchment paper or tin foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake the Texas toast 2 minutes under the recommended cooking time. It should be slightly toasted but not cooked all the way.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of sauce to the top of the toast. Then add the shredded cheese and pepperoni if you'd like that.
- Pop it back into the oven and cook it for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let the Texas toast pizza cool slightly, sprinkle them parsley (optional) and serve warm. Enjoy