By adding just one special ingredient these parmesan crusted brussels sprouts are a new spin on an old favorite.
Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Parmesan crusted brussels sprouts are my new favorite way to make them.
I feel like Brussels sprouts have such a bad reputation and I have no idea why.
Maybe people just didn’t know how to make them properly when we were all kids.
Or maybe our taste buds evolved a little once we grew up.
Who knows. The point is that the rumors are not true at all. Brussels sprouts are fantastic!
If you can make them the right way that is.
I love a simple roasted vegetable.
Im usually happy with just some salt, pepper and garlic powder.
But the parmesan cheese in this recipe is such a nice addition.
The Brussels sprouts maintain their usual roasted flavor with a little something extra.
The parmesan cheese crisps up in the oven and attaches right onto those sprouts.
It’s absolutely fantastic.
I even love all the leaves that fall off and look burnt. They’re not Burt, they’re delicious Brussels sprout chips!
This is an easy recipe, too!
It’s a great side dish to make for a busy weeknight dinner and it compliments just about anything.
The picky eaters in my house even love this recipe. I know if you get it that you’ll love it, too!
I served my Parmesan crusted Brussels sprouts with marinated skirt steak, lemon dill potatoes and a nice piece of Texas Toast.
What to serve with parmesan crusted brussels sprouts
These Brussels sprouts are a great side dish that compliment so many main courses.
The options are endless and entirely up to you.
I have a few recipes that would compliment these perfectly if you’re looking for some inspiration.
- Baked BBQ drumsticks
- Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf
- Hawaiian Roll cheeseburger sliders
- Stuffed sausage and peppers
- Italian chicken nuggets
- All these pasta recipes (CLICK HERE)
- Zesty Italian chicken thighs
Tips for the best parmesan crusted Brussels sprouts
This recipe is as easy as one, two three. There’s hardly anything to it at all.
There are just a couple things you can do so make sure it’s at its absolute best.
- Rinse and dry the Brussels sprouts. Make sure they are clean and dry. The dry part of this is important. If they’re too wet they won’t get as crispy in the oven as they should.
- Remove the stem. I see lots of people making these online who don’t remove the stem. It’s an easy thing to do so don’t skip this step. It will make a big difference when baking them.
- Preheat the baking sheet. I love to throw my baking sheet into the oven while it preheats. Prepare the brussels sprouts and once they’re ready add them to the hot baking sheet. You’ll hear that sizzle right away! This will just help them get crispy.
- Cut side down. Be sure to roast these veggies cut side down. It will create a nice crust on them!
Other easy side dishes
If you’r looking for other delicious and easy to make side dishes just like this one here are some others you’ll love. ￼
- Crispy oven roasted potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan broccoli
- Mexican street corn casserole
- Garlic Parmesan fries
- Spicy Kani Salad
- Ranch butter corn
Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts Ingredients
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
First, preheat the oven to 400° and place the baking sheet in the oven to preheat also.
Now rinse and dry the brussels sprouts really well.
Then slice the bottom stem off and cut them in half.
Place them in a medium sized bowl.
Now drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Next add the Parmesan cheese.
Toss everything together until it’s evenly combined.
Once the oven is preheated, carefully add the brussels sprouts to baking sheet that was preheating in the oven.
Place the sprouts cut side down onto the hot baking sheet. Be careful the baking sheet will be HOT.
Now bake them in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they’re golden brown. Don’t worry about those dark spots that look burnt. They’re the BEST PART!
Finally transfer them to a baking sheet, serve warm and enjoy!
Parmesan crusted brussels sprouts recipe video
Parmesan Crusted Brussels Sprouts
- baking sheet
- 12-16oz brussel sprouts
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- first, preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the baking sheet inside of it to preheat, too.
- Now rinse and dry the Brussels sprouts really well. Make sure they're very dry so they roasting the oven nicely.
- Then trim off the stem and cut them down the middle. Add them to a medium sized bowl.
- Now drizzle them in olive oil and season them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Then add the parmesan cheese and toss everything together until its evenly combined
- Next remove the baking sheet from the oven once its reached 400 degrees and add the Brussels sprouts to it. BE CAREFUL it will be very hot. Arrange the sprouts cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake the brussels sprouts in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they're golden brown. Transfer to a baking dish and enjoy.
About Al Dente Diva
Tara Ippolito is a self taught home cook from New Jersey and cookbook author of Fast, Simple, Delicious. Better known as “T” across social media, she makes easy to follow recipes using familiar ingredients. T uses her Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest channels to share recipes and cooking tips for everyday people. Her motivation to share with her followers is simple. To inspire people to cook and become more comfortable in the kitchen.
As a wife and busy mother of two little boys she she’s always cooking fast family friendly meals. Sharing her kitchen with others that want to learn is a true passion of hers. As her social media platforms continue to grow she is committed to delivering consistently delicious content to her followers.
[…] Parmesan crusted brussels sprouts […]
I made this tonight. It was really good I just didn’t add the Parmesan. I’ll do that next time.
Thanks so much for letting me know. I’m glad you liked it