Marry Me Chicken is a fast and simple dinner recipe using chicken stock, sun dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and heavy cream
Marry Me Chicken
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Is marry me chicken the dinner that will get you engaged?
In all fairness I can’t guarantee that but hey, you never know, right?
I know the name is supposed to be a joke.
The idea being that this chicken dinner is so good that you’ll get proposed to if you make it.
Or maybe the concept is that the dish is so good you’d want to marry it?
I’m not really sure which one it’s supposed to be.
But I have to say, ring or not, this was a huge hit at my house.
The flavors are absolutely delicious together and it’s super easy to make, too.
To me this is a perfect family weekday dinner.
It’s filling and everyone just loves it.
Now that it’s winter time in New Jersey I’m always looking for great comfort food recipes like this one.
I know if you give it a try that you’ll love this chicken and pasta dish, too.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
Click HERE to get your copy and thank you for the support.
Do I have to use chicken breasts?
No you don’t have to use chicken breasts for this recipe.
I’f you’d like to use tenderloins or even chicken thighs both of those would work in this recipe for sure.
What should I serve this with?
Whatever sides you choose is completely up to you.
Anything would work here so just choose your favorite.
If you need some inspiration, I would recommend a simple vegetable since the protein and carbs are already included.
Here are some great fast and easy recipes for side dishes:
- Frozen roasted green beans
- Garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts
- Mexican street corn casserole
- Roasted garlic Parmesan broccoli
- Ranch butter corn
How can I spice this up?
If you’re into spicy food and would like to spice this dish up a little bit you absolutely can.
Simply add some hot pepper flakes to the sauce in the beginning when the butter is melting.
It will infuse into the butter and season the whole dish.
Taste the sauce and add more at the end if you’d like, too.
Other easy comfort food dinners
I’d you like easy crowd pleasing dinners like this one, here are a few others you’d love, too.
- Lasagna Soup
- Muffin Tin Chicken Pot Pies
- Stove Top stuffing meatloaf
- Doritos Taco Pizza
- Easy Cottage Pie
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
Marry Me Chicken Ingredients
- Angel hair pasta
- Olive oil
- Chicken breast
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh garlic, minced
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Sun Dried tomatoes , chopped
First in a large skillet, add the butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Add the chcken to the hot skillet and brown it on both sides.
Then remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
Next add the chopped garlic and sauté it for a minute.
Now add the chicken broth and heavy cream.
Now add the sun dried tomatoes and season the sauce with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Then whisk in the Parmesan cheese.
Then add the chicken back into the pan. Make sure to add any juice that was released into dish back in, too.
After that place the skillet into a 350° oven for about 30 minutes.
Finally serve it over angel hair pasta with some extra Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Marry Me Chicken recipe video
Marry Me Chicken
- oven safe skillet
- 1 pound angel hair or spaghetti
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs garlic powder (divided)
- 1 tbs italian seasoning
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- in a large oven safe skillet heat the butter and olive oil over medium high heat until the butter melts.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and half of the garlic powder. Add it to the skillet and brown it on both sides. Remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- To the same skillet, add the chopped garlic and saute for one minute. Add the chicken broth and cream.
- Now add the parmesan cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, garlic powder and italian seasoning. Whisk it all together.
- Add the chicken back in and bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- serve over angel hair pasta and add some extra parmesan cheese. Enjoy!