Warm apples drizzled in caramel sauce and baked with a crunchy, nutty topping make this caramel apple dump cake the perfect fall dessert.
Caramel apple dump cake
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
This caramel apple dump cake is the perfect fall dessert.
Although this is one of those recipes that are right on the line between dessert and breakfast.
So if you’d like to serve this in the morning, that would be fantastic, too.
This recipe hits all the marks for a delicious full treat.
Between the warm apples drizzled in caramel and the spice boxed cake mix, it’s the perfect combination of flavors.
Top that with the chopped pecans and you’ve got yourself the most incredible fall recipe.
And not to mention, it’s probably the easiest thing in the world to make.
I’m the first person to admit that I am not a great baker. So anything I make that involves baking has to be super easy.
Dump cakes are the perfect dessert choice for me because they require very minimal effort and they always come out absolutely delicious.
In fact, I’m always surprised at how incredible they always taste in the end.
My family loves this recipe for the fall. It is so good and easy to make.
I know that if you try it, you will love it just as much as we do, too.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HERE to order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
Can I substitute the spice cake mix?
Yes you can substitute the spice cake mix if you’d like to.
The spice cake mix is perfect for this recipe but If you’d like to use something else for whatever reason there are some options.
A white or yellow cake mix would work great here also.
I would recommend maybe sprinkling the apples with a little bit of cinnamon to add some of that flavor in if you can.
Otherwise just follow the recipe as is.
Other easy dessert recipes
If you like recipes like this one that are super easy to make and don’t require a lot of ingredients, then you’ll love these recipes, too.
They also teeter the line between a dessert and breakfast recipe so feel free to serve these however you’d like.
- Peach cobbler dump cake
- Lemon cheesecake crescent rolls
- 4 ingredient Cherry Danish
- 3 ingredient blueberry cobbler
Caramel apple dump cake ingredients
- Apple pie filling
- Caramel sauce
- Spice cake mix
- Butter slides into small squares
- Chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
First, spray a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray and add in the apple pie filing. Spread it out evenly.
Then evenly pour the caramel sauce over the apples. I find it easier to pop it into the microwave for a few seconds to let it warm up. It pours much easier that way.
Now add the boxed cake mix on top. Spread it over the top of the apples and caramel being careful not to disturb the apples and caramel on the bottom.
After that, evenly distribute the slices of butter on top of the cake mix.
Then sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly on top.
Next, bake it in the oven at 350° for about 50 minutes.
Finally let it cool slightly and serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy.
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- 2 21 oz Apple pie filling
- 1/2 c Caramel sauce
- 1 box Spice cake mix
- 2 sticks Unsalted butter, sliced into pads
- 1 c Pecan, chopped small
- Cooking spray
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Add in the apple pie filling cans and spread them evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Now drizzle the top of the apples with the caramel sauce. Wam up the sauce in the microwave to make it easier to pour
- Then add the cake mix and spread it evenly over the apples and caramel. Be careful not to disrupt those ingredients under the cake mix too much.
- Next add the slices of butter evenly over the cake mix and sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the sides are bubbly and the cake mix is cooked. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!