Moms famous tortellini salad is the best combination of cheese tortellini, sliced red peppers, kalamata olives and a few other simple ingredients tossed in Italian dressing and served cold.
Mom’s Famous Tortellini Salad
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
This is my Mom’s famous tortellini salad recipe.
Specifically famous within my family but everyone who’s ever had it knows just how delicious it is.
I don’t think my Mothers ever made this for a party without someone asking for the recipe.
And she’s made this for just about every gathering my siblings and I have ever had.
Partially because it’s easy & delicious and partially because she really doesn’t have a choice anymore.
We’re all far too obsessed.
I hope you give this one a try. I know if you do you’ll love it just as much as we do.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fair comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HERE to order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
Can I makes Moms Famous Tortellini Salad ahead of time?
This easy side dish can be made a day ahead of them you’ll need it.
Just be sure to wait until right before serving to add the feta cheese and olives.
Tips for making Mom’s Famous Tortellini Salad the best
This recipe for tortellini salad is super easy but there are a few things you can to do make sure it’s at its best.
- Feta Cheese – You have to get the fresh feta. The kind that’s in one big block with a little water. Crumble that up my hand. Don’t try to cut a corner and get the already crumbed cheese. I’ve tried it and it’s not the same. The fresh stuff is the best for this recipe and you’ll really taste the difference.
- Kalamata olives- I say to add the olives when you’re ready to serve because sometimes it can stain the pasta being next it all night. No big deal, but if you’re serving it to a crowd it might turn some people off seeing black stains on the pasta. Make sure they’re pitted, too.
- Refrigerate- Don’t rush the process. This tortellini salad has got to sit in the fridge overnight. It will be well worth the wait, trust me.
What to serve Mom’s Famous Tortellini Salad With
Of course the choice is always yours on what to serve with this tortellini salad.
If you’re looking for some inspiration, I personally love this as a side to a deli sandwich.
This a great recipe to take to a BBQ and serve along side some grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, too.
Here are couple other great recipes that would be fantastic choices.
Mom’s Famous Tortellini Salad Ingredients
- 1lb Tri Colored Spiral pasta (cooked)
- 1lb Cheese Tortellini (cooked)
- 1 chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 chopped Red Onion
- 1 jar of pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 crumbled block of fresh Feta Cheese
- 16 Oz bottle of Robusto Italian Dressing
First, mix everything together in a big bowl except for the feta and the olives.
Then place it in the fridge overnight night.
Finally add the feta cheese and olives right before serving.
Now just mix it all together until all the ingredients are combined. Serve cold and enoy.
Mom’s Famous Tortellini Salad Video
Mom’s Famous Tortellini Salad
- 1 lb Tricolor Spiral Pasta (cooked)
- 1 lb CheesevTortellini (cooked)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 6 oz jar Kalamata Olives, Pitted and sliced
- 1 8 oz block Feta Cheese (crumbles off the block)
- 1 16oz bottle Robusto Italian Dressing
- Fist, cook the pastas and run them under cold water to stop the cooking proccess.
- Add the pasta and all of the other ingredients except for the feta cheese and the olives.
- Let that marinate in the fridge over night.
- Right before serving add the feta cheese an the olives. Give it one big toss to combine everything together and serve cold.