These easy to make lemon and dill roasted potatoes are packed with fresh flavor
Lemon and Dill Roasted Potatoes
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Lemon and dill roasted potatoes are such a unique side dish.
All the flavors going on in this recipe are absolutely incredible.
I love making roasted potatoes in general. It’s one of my families all time favorite side dishes.
Sometimes it’s nice to switch it up and make something just a little bit different.
That’s where these lemon and dill roasted potatoes come into play.
They’re a nice spin on traditional roasted potatoes.
I love to make this side dish all year long but I especially like it in the summer months when it’s hot here in jersey.
The lemon and dill together are such refreshing flavors.
It’s the perfect side dish choice for my typically lighter summer meals.
Every time I make this recipe it’s a hit!￼
I know if you make these delicious lemon and dill roasted potatoes it that you’ll love it, too!
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know I have a cookbook?
It’s called Fast Simple Delicious and it’s 60 no fuss, no fail comfort food recipes perfect for any weeknight dinner.
CLICK HERE to order your copy of Fast Simple Delicious
What potatoes should I use?
The choice is yours as to what kind of potatoes to use in this recipe.
All potatoes are great for roasting.
Even sweet potatoes although I wouldn’t necessarily recommend them for this recipe.
I’m not sure the dill and lemon would be a great combination for them.
But hey, you do you!
So use whatever kind you’d like.
Can I make these lemon and dill roasted potatoes in the air fryer?
You absolutely can make these potatoes in the air fryer.
Instead of popping them into the oven place them into the air fryer in a single layer.
Set the air fryer to 380° and cook them for about 20-25 minutes.
Give the basket a nice big shake around the 10 minute mark.
Once the potatoes are nice and crisped up just follow the recipe as it goes from there.
What should I serve these lemon and dill roasted potatoes with?
This is a great side dish that goes with so many different thing.
The options are endless and totally up to you. Here are a few ideas if you’d like some inspiration.
- The best chicken marinade
- Baked BBQ chicken drumsticks
- Hawaiian Roll Cheeseburger Sliders
- Pesto Chicken
How can I reheat these lemon and dill roasted potatoes?
To reheat these well meaning crispy on the outside and soft on the inside is easy!
Just preheat the oven to 400° and place the potatoes in a single layer baking sheet.
Cover them with tin foil and bake them for about 10-15 minutes.
Lemon and Dill Roasted Potatoes Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
- Lemon zest
- Fresh dill
First, preheat the oven to 400° and place the baking sheet inside the oven to preheat also.
In the meantime, rinse and dry your potatoes and cut them into about 1 inch pieces.
Now place the cut potatoes into a bowl.
Then drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and season them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Next give the potatoes a good toss to make sure they’re evenly coated in the oil and seasoning.
After that carefully take out the hot preheated baking sheet and add the potatoes to it in a single layer.
Then bake them for about 25 minutes or until they’re crispy on all sides. I like to use a spatula and toss them around about half way through.
While those are in the oven, prepare the butter, lemon and dill topping.
In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
Then add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and fresh chopped dill.
Now mix it all together and pour it over the roasted potatoes.
Finally transfer them to a serving dish and serve warm. Enjoy!
Lemon and Dill Roasted Potatoes Recipe Video
Lemon and Dill Roasted Potatoes
- baking sheet
- 2 lbs Potatoes
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbs Garlic Powder
- 3 tbs Butter
- 1/2 large Lemon, juiced
- 1 large Lemon Zested
- 3 tbs Dill, Fresh
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the baking sheet into the oven so that preheats, too.
- In the meantime, rinse and dry the potatoes and cut them into about 1 inch pieces.Transfer them to a bowl and add the olive oil Season them with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Then carefully add the potatoes to the hot preheated baking sheet and put them back into the oven to cook for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes are nice and golden brown. I like to take a spatula and gently stir them around about half way through so they crisp up on all sides.
- While those are cooking in the oven, melt the butter in a small bowl and add the lemon juice, zest and fresh dill. Mix everything together to combine.
- When the potatoes are done roasting, pour the butter right onto the top and toss them until they're coated in the lemon and dill butter.
- Transfer them to serving bowl and serve warm. Enjoy!