These Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes are only three ingredients and the perfect unique side dish to any meal.
Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
The flavor in these Lipton onion roasted potatoes is out of this world.
I was walking down the aisle at Shoperite and saw a package of these dry Lipton Onion Soup mixes on sale for under two dollars.
I decided to pick it up and check the back for recipe ideas and saw this one as a suggestion.
What a score!
The recipe only required three ingredients and I already had potatoes at home.
It was a no-brainer.
My house smelt amazing while the potatoes were roasting and my entire family loved them.
Still can’t get over how easy they were to make.
This is one of those side dishes that would pair perfectly with whatever main dish you’re serving.
I love quick and easy side dishes that taste incredibly delicious like this one.
Give it a try and I’m sure you’ll love it just as much as my family did.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Get a copy HERE and thanks for the support.
What Potatoes Should I Use?
This recipe I so great because it’s so versatile.
You can apply this recipe to basically any like of potato you’d like with one exception.
That being sweet potatoes.
This is just my opinion but I don’t believe the sweetness of the potatoes would compliment these flavors well.
Again, this is my opinion only.
If you’d like to give it a try that’s totally up to you.
For reference I chose Idaho potatoes in for this recipe.
Can These Be Made In The Air Fryer?
These potatoes can totally be made in the air fryer, too.
Just follow the directed for the recipe and instead of placing them on the baking sheet, add them to the air fryer basket.
Set the air fryer temperature to 400° and time to about 15 minutes.
Shake the basket to love the potatoes around about half way through.
Add more time depending on the level or crispiness you’d like.
What To Serve These Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes With
Main dishes are entirely up to you!
Any main protein from beef, fish, chicken or whatever you’d like would work well here.
If you’re looking for some inspiration I have some ideas you’d love :
Other Potato Side Dishes
If you like easy potato dishes like this one here are a few others you’ll love, too.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
This recipe is super easy to make but here are some quick tips to make sure it’s at its best.
- PREHEAT- toss your baking sheet into the oven while you’re preheating it before you add the potatoes to it. This will make sure they get super crispy!
- SIZE- Whatever size you choose to make your potatoes is fine. Just be sure to cut them all relatively the same size so they cook evenly
- SEASON- This recipe only requires one package of Lipton soup mix. If you find you could use a little something else feel free to add whatever you’d like.
Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes Ingredients
- Potatoes (3-4)
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 package dry Lipton Onion Soup mix
Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes Instructions
First, peel and dice your potatoes into equal size pieces.
Next add them to a bowl and drizzle them with some vegetable oil.
Now add the Onion Soup packet and toss everything together until the potatoes are evenly coated.
Then add them to a preheated baking sheet and pop them in a 425° oven for about 35 minutes.
Give them a toss on the baking sheet about half way through
Finally transfer them to a serving dish and serve warm.
Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes Recipe Video
Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes
- 3-4 large Idaho Potatoes
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Packet
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- First, peel and dice the potatoes into small even pieces and add them to a bowl
- Add the oil and Lipton packet and toss everything together until the potatoes are evenly coated
- Place them onto a preheated baking sheet and bake them at 425 degrees for about 35 minutes or until the potatoes are nice and crispy. Give them a toss on the baking sheet about half way through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!