This easy cheesy garlic bread will be your new favorite appetizer for sure.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
In one hundred percent seriousness, you need to be prepared to make this easy cheesy garlic bread.
I say that because some of you may not fully understand what you’re getting yourself into.
I have never once made this without it getting completely devoured. Whether I’m splitting it with friends or chowing down solo.
Either scenario ends up in the same way. Cheesy garlic bread completely gone without a trace.
I only mention that because it really is something to think about.
You may want to make two if you’re planning of serving this for a group of people.
Better yet, make it three! It’s super easy to make too so why not?
This cheesy garlic bread is so easy to eat. I feel like that may be a weird thing to say but it really is.
The dough is so thin and all the flavors compliment each other so nicely.
One second you’re enjoying one slice the next it’s all gone.
So be prepared. You’re going to love this one and just might not want to share.
Double up on this easy to make cheesy garlic bread. You’ll be so glad you did!
What’s the difference between cheesy bread and pizza?
I’ve posted this recipe before and people often comment, “well, isn’t that just pizza?
Ummm noooooo it’s not “just pizza”. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
But here in Jersey we take our pizza very seriously.
Pizza has sauce on it. Cheesy bread does not.
So instead of sauce, cheesy garlic bread has a garlicky butter base under the cheese.
Simple difference, yes BUT it makes a huge difference.
Tips to enhancing your cheesy garlic bread
This easy cheesy garlic bread is out of this world. Here are a couple things that you can do to make sure this appetizer is the best it can be.
- Grate some fresh garlic into the butter for a really intense garlic flavor.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese yourself and avoid the pre-shredded cheese. Bagged cheese contains cellulose and natamycin that are anti clumping and moisture absorbing ingredients. They prevent the cheese from melting as well as it should.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Listen, I love the powdered stuff that comes in a shaker container. I use it all the time but If you want to “up” the flavor you gotta use the “good stuff”. The flavor is undeniably better.
- I’ve even done this recipe with some pepperoni added to it. Check out this PEPPERONI CHEESY BREAD recipe.
Just want to be clear that in my video and recipe I shared, I didn’t use fresh garlic or fresh parmesan cheese.
That’s mainly because I just didn’t feel like it. The recipe really is great without it.
I just wanted you to know that if you choose to, those thing can really level it up.
What dough should I use for Cheesy Garlic Bread.
I really do think that the recipe is best with a canned thin pizza dough like the one that Pillsbury offers.
Can you use homemade or traditional pizza dough? Sure.
No matter how flat you can roll the dough, it will still puff up and become more like a pizza then garlic bread.
I just don’t think that the end result is the same.
That said- maybe that doesn’t matter to you. In that case, that’s fine if you want to use other dough.
Try to stick to the canned stuff if you want this specific style to it.
Easy Cheesy Bread Recipe Video:
Easy cheesy garlic bread ingredients:
- Canned pizza dough
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dried parsley for garnish
- Tomato sauce for dunking (optional)
How to make easy cheesy bread:
First, lay the pizza dough out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Second, add the butter and spread it all over the dough.
Now, sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning evenly on top.
Then add the Parmesan cheese.
Next, sprinkle the top with the mozzarella cheese.
Lastly, bake it at 375° for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden bubbly and the dough is cooked all the way through.
Finally, top it with the parsley and slice the cheesy garlic bread in one big horizontal cut.
Then several vertical cuts about 1 inch and a half thick.
Serve it with marinara sauce for dipping if you want but honestly, it doesn’t even need it.
Other easy recipes:
if you love how easy this cheesy garlic bread is you will love these other recipes, too.
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Knorr Spinach Dip
- NO ROUX Shells and Cheese
- 3 Ingredient Blueberry Cobbler
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 can Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- preheat the oven to 375
- lay the dough out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- spread the melted butter evenly over the dough
- sprinkle the salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning
- then add the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses to the top.
- bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the dough is cooked all the way through.
- garnish with some dried parsley if you want. Then slice the cheesy garlic bread with one big cut horizontally
- now make vertical cuts about and inch and a half apart.
- serve with marinara sauce for dunking or alone.