This easy lasagna soup is a fun and fast new way to eat an old classic.
Easy Lasagna Soup
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
This easy lasagna soup became an instant family hit in my house.
I saw different variations of this recipe all over my Tik Tok for you page.
I tracked it down to one viral video that started the whole trend from @gigishomemaking.
Watch the original recipe video here: VIRAL LASAGNA SOUP. I knew immediately that I had to make this.
It was perfect timing, too. The temperature here in New Jersey is staring to drop.
These cold nights are perfect for a soup like this.
It’s so warm and filling. Comfort food all the way.
This was way easier than putting together a whole lasagna, too.
Half the hassle also. I love lasagna but assembling them can be a pain in the butt sometimes.
Another great reason to make this easy lasagna soup recipe is that it gives you something to do with those broken sheets!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy soup to fill you up this winter this one is it.
I hope you like it just as much as my family did.
Fast Simple Delicious
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss, no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Order a copy HERE and thanks for the support.
What tomato sauce should I use?
The tomato sauce you use is completely up to you.
I used Rao’s Homemade for this recipe because I think they’re a great quality sauce.
Any brand tomato sauce would work so use your favorite.
You don’t need to use jarred sauce either though.
If you have your own tomato sauce recipe that would be great for this recipe.
What Alfredo Sauce Should I Use?
Alfredo sauce is tricky for me.
I think a lot of the jarred ones aren’t great. I hate to name names because our tastes may be different.
But I will say that I love Rao’s Honemade Alfredo sauce.
It’s the best jarred one that I’ve had by far.
So if you’re looking for recommendation that’s mine for sure.
As always, use whatever brand you like or make your own.
Is There A Substitute For The Alfredo Sauce?
The Alfredo was an alteration that I made from original lasagna soup recipe that I had seen
I didn’t have any heavy cream like the recipe called for.
So I substituted it with the Alfredo sauce.
I though it was absolutely delicious but if you don’t like Alfredo or just don’t want to use it for whatever reason try the cream or omit it completely.
What other meat can I use?
This lasagna soup recipe calls for ground beef and a little crumbled Italian sausage.
If you’d like to use all ground beef or all sausage that’s totally fine.
Ground turkey, ground chicken and ground veal would all work very well here, too.
Use whatever your favorite is.
Do I have to use lasagna sheets?
That’s a tricky one because the answer is yes and no.
This is lasagna soup so that’s an important part if you want people to make the connection visually while they’re eating.
If that’s not important to you and pasta is pasta in your mind then use whatever you’d like!
Other fast and easy comfort food recipes
If you like this easy lasagna soup, here are a few other comfort food recipes that you’d love, too.
- Creamy pancetta and peas
- One pot creamy broccoli pasta
- Creamy garlic Parmesan pasta
- Pink marinara Alfredo sauce
- Creamy sausage rigatoni
- Creamy tomato ravioli sauce
- The best vodka sauce
Easy Lasagna Soup Ingredients
- lasagna sheets
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- Italian sausage (out of the casing)
- Tomato sauce
- Beef broth
- Chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes
- Alfredo sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh Basil (optional)
First, in a large pot, brown the ground beef and sausage in a little oil and drain the fat.
Then season the meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Next add the tomato sauce.
Now add the beef and chicken broth.
Then add the can of diced tomatoes (with the juice).
After that, break up the lasagna sheets and add them to the soup.
Stir everything together and turn the heat to medium high.
Now add the Alfredo sauce, and season the sauce with salt, pepper, italian seasoning and garlic powder.
Let that cook on the stove and in the meantime make the ricotta mixture by combining the ricotta, mozzarella and oregano.
Then place a couple large dollops of the ricotta in the soup. Be sure to save some for toppings later once it’s served.
Finally stir everything together and once the Lasagna noodles are finished cooking it’s ready! Don’t forget to taste and reseason if you need to.
Serve this easy lasagna soup in a big bowl with some shredded basil (optional) and a scoop of the ricotta cheese mixture on top. Enjoy!
Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe Video
Easy Lasagna Soup
- 6-8 noodles Lasagna
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 links Italian Sausage (out of the casing)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbs Garlic Powder (divided0
- 2 tbs Italian Seasoning (divided)
- 1 32 oz Jarred Tomato Sauce (I used Rao's)
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes (with the juice)
- 1/2 cup Jarred Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbs Oregano
- Fresh Basil (shredded)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and brown the sausage and ground beef. Drain the fat and season it with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder
- Now add the tomato sauce, beef and chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Stir it all together.
- Next break up the lasagna sheet into the soup and stir it in.
- Then add the alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese. Let that cook over medium high heat while you make the ricotta mixture
- In a medium size bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella and oregano. Add two big scoop fulls to the soup but be sure to reserve some for later.
- Once the lasagna noodles are done cooking (should take about 8 minutes) reseason the soup it needed and place it in a serving bowl.
- Add a little scoop of the ricotta mixture and garnish with shredded basil (optional)