These cheesy and spicy jalapeño popper crescent rolls are stuffed with cream cheese, shredded cheese and spicy jalapeños then baked until golden brown.
Jalapeño Popper Crescent Rolls
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Jalapeño popper crescent rolls might just be your new favorite appetizer or snack.
If you’re a fan of traditional jalapeño poppers, you are going to absolutely love them.
Who wouldn’t like a warm, cheesy, spicy filling wrapped in a flakey buttery crust?
Exactly, not too many people, right?
So make sure to double or even triple this recipe if you’re making this for a crowd because it’s going to go fast.
You also don’t necessarily need to have a high heat tolerance to enjoy these.
They’re not too spicy at all. Plus you can turn down the dial on the heat if you’d like to also.
Using premade crescent roll dough is such a time saving shortcut here, too.
So these can be ready in no time with minimal effort.
Jalapeño popper crescent rolls are a friends and family favorite around here.
I just know if you try them that you’ll love them, too.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HERE to order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
How To Soften Cream Cheese
Softening the cream cheese for this recipe will just help everything blend together much smoother.
You can just simply set the cream cheese on your countertop for about 15 to 20 minutes.
If you’re in a time crunch, pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds or so.
You can want it softened not melted so make sure to keep an eye on it.
How can I make this even spicier?
I had mentioned earlier that these are not too spicy at all, but we can easily change that with a few simple ingredients.
- Cream Cheese- instead of plain cream cheese try jalapeño cream cheese.
- Cheese- I like to use Monterey Jack cheese for this recipe. It has a bit of a kick to it. They do make Monterey Jack cheese with flakes of pepper in it that’s got way more heat that would definitely kick this up!
Are there any variations of these jalapeño popper crescent rolls?
If you like a little variety and want to switch things up a bit, here are some great ways to do that for this easy recipe.
- Bacon- try adding some cooked and crumbled bacon right into the cheesy filling mixture. It ads a ton of flavor!
- Chicken– this would be such a great way to use up some of that leftover rotisserie chicken you have in your fridge. Just cut it up into relatively small pieces and mix it into your cream cheese filling.
- Cream Cheese- try playing around with different flavors of cream cheese. Jalapeño, bacon or garlic and herb. would all be delicious choices.
- Cheese- Feel free to use whatever cheese you’d like. All I suggest is that you shred it yourself so it melts nice and smooth.
Do I have to shred my own cheese?
This is the one thing that I’d really urge you not to take a shortcut on.
Pres-shredded bagged cheese has chemicals in it like cellulose.
This keeps the cheese from clumping but it also prevents it from melting properly.
Shred the cheese off the block. The lasagna will be much creamier.
What can I serve these jalapeño popper crescent rolls with?
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s so versatile.
These can be served as a snack, lunch or a side dish.
I would make this for a nice alternative to garlic bread. So they can really be served with anything.
Jalapeño popper crescent rolls ingredients:
- Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- Cream cheese, softened
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Diced green chilies
- Salt and black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Melted butter
First, combine the shredded cheese, diced chilies, cream cheese, salt pepper and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl.
Now open the crescent rolls and flatten them out with a rolling pin. Be sure to close all the seams when doing this too.
If you can find the crescent roll sheets use those!
Then spread the cream cheese filling all over the surface of the crescent rolls.
Next jelly roll it up long ways.
Using a sedated knife, slice them into about 1.5 inch rounds.
After that, place them in a baking dish or on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Then brush the tops with the melted butter.
Bake them at 375° for about 20 minutes or until they are nice and golden brown.
Let them cool slightly before serving and enjoy!
Jalapeño popper crescent rolls recipe video
Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 6 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 7oz can diced green chilies
- 2 tbs Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size bow stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, green chilies, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Now lay the crescent rolls out on a flat surface and with a rolling pin, roll them out and attach the seams
- Then spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the surface and jelly roll it up.
- Using a serrated knife, slice them into 1.5-2 inch rounds
- Place them in a baking dish or parchment paper lined baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Let them cool slightly and enjoy!