A dry dressing packet and just two other ingredients are all you need to create the most delicious zesty Italian chicken thighs.
Zesty Italian Chicken Thighs
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
When it comes to quick, easy, and delicious dinner recipes, this zesty Italian chicken is at the top of the list.
I can’t stress enough how easy this is to put together.
All you need are a dry zesty Italian dressing packet, some brown sugar, and boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
Mix everything together in a baking dish, pop it into the oven and boom! You’re done.
The flavor the you get from the Italian dressing packet mixed with the brown sugar is incredible!
Its both sweet and zesty at the same time.
I love this one for a super fast, no fuss weeknight dinner.
It became an instant family favorite recipe at my house and I hope it becomes one at your house too.
Other easy dinner ideas
If you’re looking for other simple and delicious dinners, here are a few ideas you’ll love also.
- Chicken noodle casserole
- Doritos taco pizza
- Tik Toks viral alfredo sauce
- Chopped cheese sandwich
- The best shells and cheese
Do I have to use chicken thighs?
I just love chicken thighs because they’re juicier and don’t dry out as easily as chicken breasts do.
If you’re not a fan of thighs or have chicken breast in the fridge, feel free to use it instead.
That would totally work as a substitute.
The dry Italian dressing packet that I’m using is the zesty one.
There are two other packet options that would be amazing though also.
The regular Italian dressing and garlic and herb.
Either one of these would be great to try mixed with the brown sugar.
What to serve zesty Italian chicken thighs with
Of course, whatever you want to serve as side dishes is completely up to you.
If you need a little inspiration I like to make rice as one side or Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes
The chicken produces a lot of juices when it’s cooking. The rice is nice because it soaks all of that goodness up.
Then I go for a vegetable. I did peas and carrots this time but I love roasted broccoli with this too.
Any vegetable any way would be great though.
Zesty chicken thighs, rice/potatoes and a vegetable. Perfect!
Zesty Italian chicken thighs ingredients
- Zesty Italian dressing dry packet
- Brown sugar
- Chicken thighs
First add the chicken thighs into a baking dish. Feel free to trim the fat if you want.
Now add the brown sugar.
Next add the dry packet of zesty Italian dressing.
Mix everything together until it’s evenly coated onto the chicken thighs.
Now bake it in the oven at 350° for 30 minutes.
Take the chicken out of the oven and baste it in all the juice that it made when cooking.
Then continue baking it for another 30 minutes.
Then spoon some of the sauce over the plated chicken
Serve warm over rice and enjoy!
Zesty Italian Chicken Thighs
- 1 .06 oz Zesty Italian Dressing Packet, dry
- 3 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Then add the chicken thighs to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Now add the Italian dressing packet and the brown sugar
- Mix everything together until the chicken is evenly coated
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes
- Baste the chicken in all the juice that it produced
- Bake for another 30 minutes
- I like to serve this with rice and veggies but choose whatever you'd like. Serve warm and enjoy!
Easy dessert ideas
Now that you’ve got dinner covered, here are a few super easy dinner ideas you’ll love, too.
- 2 ingredient cinnamon roll apple pies
- Warm cast iron skillet chocolate chip cookie
- 3 ingredient blueberry cobbler
- Muffin tin banana cream pies