This easy to make 3 ingredient chili dip is the ultimate crowd pleasing appetizer.
3 Ingredient Chili Dip
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
You have to try this 3 ingredient chili dip to really appreciate just how delicious it is.
This is the ultimate appetizer and super easy to make, too.
I’ve made this recipe for so many parties and it’s a hit every single time.
My friends and family love absolutely this stuff. I get requested to make it often.
The ingredients sound super simple on there own. It’s just cream cheese, chili and cheese.
But something incredible happens when they’re combined that takes them to the next level.
I’ve never once served this without it getting completely devoured by my guests.
The serving dish is always left polished clean leaving no trace of any dip at all.
You don’t need to wait for a party though. Make it as a snack anytime!
Other Easy Party Appetizers & Snacks
I love super easy recipes to put together like this 3 ingredient chili dip.
Here are some others you would love, too.
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Ham & Swiss Crescent Rolls
- Knorr Spinach Dip
- Semi Homemade Chicken Tenders
- Italian Chicken Nuggets
- Canned Tuna Cakes
- Doritos Taco Pizza
3 Ingredient Chili Dip Tips
This recipe is so easy but there are a couple things you can do to make sure it’s at its best.
- Cream Cheese- Try to get the cream cheese to room as close to room temperature as you can before adding it to the bottom of the baking dish. It will spread way easier that way and cook better in the oven, too. Try to avoid whipped cream cheese too. It’s doesn’t work well for this recipe.
- Chili- I truly believe whatever chili brand you use that regardless the one with the beans is the best. The beans add something special to the dip that I can’t quite put my finger on.
- Shredded Cheese- shred the cheese yourself and avoid the pre shredded stuff that comes in a bag. There’s anti clumping chemicals that is added to it that prevents the cheese from melting properly.
What chili should I use?
Depending on where you live in the world this is a controversial topic.
Everyone loves their areas chili.
Feel free to use whatever brand you like the best. Even homemade is fine.
I just love the convenience of a can.
In Jersey we have Hormel at our grocery stores and I love it. WITH THE BEANS.
I truly believe this dip is its best when you use a can that has beans in it.
If you’re really not into that of course you can always use the can without beans. I just personally thing the taste is not as great.
But as always it’s up to you.
What cheese should I use?
I’ve only ever made this recipe using shredded cheddar cheese. Mild, sharp, extra sharp- any one of those.
There’s no reason why you can’t switch it out for a cheese you love though.
Any kind will work just be sure to shred it yourself.
The pre shredded stuff in a bag has anti clumping chemicals in it that prevents the cheese from melting properly.
Can this 3 ingredient chili dip be made ahead?
Yes, this chili dip can absolutely be made ahead of time.
Just make the dip as the directions say, cover it and place it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
Does this chili dip reheat well?
One of the best things about this chili dip is that it reheats beautifully!
Pop it back into the oven at 350° for about 15 minutes or pop it into the microwave to warm up.
3 ingredient chili dip ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Hormel Chili with the Beans
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
First, preheat the oven to 350°.
Then in a small baking dish, add the cream cheese and spread it evenly over the bottom.
Now add the can of chili and spread that over the cream cheese.
Next add the shredded cheese.
Cover it and bake it for about 20 minutes. If you like the cheese less creamy and more kind of crispy bake it uncovered. It’s totally up to you.
Finally let it cool slightly and serve hot with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
3 ingredient chili dip recipe video
3 ingredient chili dip
- baking dish
- 1 15oz Hormel Chili with the Beans
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1.5 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a small baking dish, spread the cream cheese down evenly, then top it with the chili and shredded cheese
- cover and bake for about 20 minutes or until the dip is hot an bubbly
- let it cool slightly and serve hot with Tostito chips