This easy to make roasted chicken pan sauce will completely change the way you eat chicken forever.
Roasted Chicken Pan Sauce
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito.
This is the roasted chicken pan sauce that you’ve been looking for.
I promise that this recipe will change the way you eat chicken forever.
The sauce is so easy to make and absolutely packed with flavor. I could eat this sauce all on its own if I could.
I love making roasted chicken but I felt like it was missing something.
My husband is a big chicken person in general. He orders it when we go out to eat almost every time.
I’d always look at his plated roasted chicken and think to myself that it looks way juicer than mine does.
The secret was in the sauce!
Once I finally realized what it was I was on a mission to make it.
Now this has become a family favorite recipe for us. Even my kids look forested to roasted chicken night.
This pan sauce is exactly what you need to take your roasted chicken to the next level.
I know if you try this recipe you’re going to love it just as much as we do.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss, no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy week day dinners.
Order your copy HERE & thank you for the support.
How do I roast my chicken?
This pan sauce works on any roasted chicken recipe.
Otherwise use whatever recipe is you’re favorite.
Does this pan sauce only work on chicken?
No this pan sauce works for lots of different things.
I love this on roasted chicken but it’s also delicious for duck, game hens, turkey, pork and even steaks.
If you cook your protein in a skillet instead of in a roasting pan keep the drippings in there and make the recipe according to the directions without adding them in from the roasting pan since there is not one being used.
What should I serve this with?
Sides are up to you of course but I do have some suggestions if you’d like some.
I love this roasted chicken with some rice but potatoes and a vegetable are a great idea, too.
Here are some ideas you might like.
- Frozen roasted green beans
- Roasted garlic Parmesan broccoli
- Parmesan crusted Brussels sprouts
- Lemon & dill roasted potatoes
- Ranch butter corn
- Oven roasted potatoes
- Mexican street corn casserole
Roasted Chicken Pan Sauce Ingredients
- Pan drippings
- White wine
- Chicken or veggie broth
- Salt & pepper
First, roast the chicken and remove it from the baking sheet.
Now in a large skillet, melt the butter and sauté the celery, onions and garlic.
The vegetables can be kept in large pieces because we’re going to strain it out later.
Then add all of the drippings from the pan that was left after roasting the chicken.
Be sure to scrape everything off and get all of that good stuff.
Next add the wine and broth.
Now season it with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
After that, turn the heat up to medium high and let the liquid softly boil for about 4/5 minutes.
The sauce is ready once it reduces by half. Add a little butter and stir it in.
Finally strain the sauce into a small sauce pan to easily keep it warm if you need to.
Serve warm over the roasted chicken and enjoy.
Roasted Chicken Pan Sauce Recipe Video
Roasted Chicken Pan Sauce
- pan drippings ( try to scrape off every last drop
- 2 tbs butter (divided)
- 1 large onion (i chopped mine into big pieces)
- 2 stalks celery (i chopped mine into big pieces)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbs thyme
- 1 tbs rosemary
- salt & pepper
- In a large skillet melt half the butter and add the celery, garlic and onion. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add into the pan the drippings from the baking sheet you roasted your chicken on, the wine and the chicken stock.
- Season it with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme and raise the heat until the liquid is at a soft boil.
- Once the liquid reduces by about half ( should take no more than 5 minutes) add the rest of the butter and stir it in.
- Strain the sauce over a small saucepan. You can keep the sauce warm on the stove until your ready to serve it on or next to your chicken. Enjoy!!