This easy oven baked lemon pepper chicken thighs recipe is a perfect busy weekday dinner idea that’s loaded with flavor.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
This recipe for lemon pepper chicken thighs recipe is so easy and delicious.
The bone in thighs keep the chicken so juicy and loaded with flavor.
I love making this recipe on busy weeknights because it’s so simple to put together and my family absolutely loves it.
Sometimes you just need a really good chicken dinner to hit the spot.
The flavors in this marinade complement the chicken so well making it an instant family favorite.
I know if you give this recipe and try that you’ll love it, too.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
t’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HERE to order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
Can these lemon pepper chicken thighs be made in the air fryer?
Yes, you can absolutely make this recipe in the air fryer.
Just follow the recipe as you normally would, then place the chicken thighs skin side up in the air fryer basket.
Cook them at 380° for about 20-25 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
What should you serve these lemon pepper chicken thighs with?
Any rice or potato would be good though so feel free to make whatever you’d like.
Or a pasta would be delicious, too.
Broccoli cheddar casserole, frozen roasted green beans or Parmesan crusted brussels sprouts would all be great vegetable choices.
Do you have to use chicken thighs?
I love chicken thighs because the dark meat stays really juicy while it’s in the oven.
But you don’t have to use that if you don’t want to. I would recommend chicken drumsticks as an alternative.
Chicken breasts would also work just be sure not to over cook It so the chicken doesn’t dry out.
How long should you marinate these lemon pepper chicken thighs for?
I like to marinate these for up to 24 hours to get all those delicious flavors right into the chicken.
If you don’t have that much time, a couple of hours will do the trick.
Lemon pepper chicken thighs ingredients
- Chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- 2 lemons (1 for juice and zest and the other to slice for a garnish)
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Minced garlic
First, add the chicken thighs to a marinating bowl and add all of the ingredients. (except the lemon garnish)
Then massage the ingredients into the chicken thighs until everything is evenly combined.
Now cover them and place them in the fridge to marinate overnight.
When they’re ready to be cooked, preheat the oven to 400°.
Next, add some cut pieces of lemon for garnish on top of the chicken and bake it, uncovered for 40 minutes.
After that, broil them for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the skin becomes crispy.
Let them cool slightly and serve warm. Enjoy!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 2-2.5 lbs bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 med lemons-one of zest & juice and the other for garnish
- 2 tbs lemon pepper seaoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- First, add the chicken thighs to a marinating bowl and add all of the ingredients except for the lemon garnish.
- Then massage the ingredients into the chicken thighs until everything is evenly combined. Cover them and place them in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- When they’re ready to be cooked, preheat the oven to 400°. Next, add some cut pieces of lemon for garnish on top of the chicken and bake it, uncovered for 40 minutes.
- After that, broil them for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the skin becomes crispy.
- Let them cool slightly and serve warm. Enjoy!