This easy chicken tetrazzini is a cheesy baked pasta with shredded chicken in a creamy sauce.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolio
I am such a sucker for creamy pasta recipes like this easy chicken tetrazzini.
It’s just the best comfort food there is.
My Mom used to make this for us growing up all the time.
There was nothing better than coming home from school on a cold day and finding out that chicken tetrazzini was for dinner.
It could warm me up and fill me up forever. This recipe really takes me back to my childhood.
Now I make this for my own family and they love it too.
It’s also such an easy recipe to throw together during those busy weekdays.
I know if you give this easy chicken tetrazzini a try that you will absolutely love it, too.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HERE to order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
What chicken can I use?
I love using rotisserie chicken for this recipe. They’re super convenient and just taste amazing.
If you’d like to use cooked chicken breast, or whatever cooked and cubed chicken you have absolutely use that.
Just be sure that it’s around 2 cups.
Do I really need to shred the cheese myself?
This is the one thing that I’d really urge you not to take a shortcut on.
Pres-shredded bagged cheese has chemicals in it like cellulose.
This keeps the cheese from clumping but it also prevents it from melting properly.
Shred the cheese off the block. This chicken tetrazzini will be much creamier.
Can the cream of mushroom soup be substituted?
I know some people just do not like mushrooms and that’s totally fine.
You can still make this recipe.
Either double up on the cream of chicken soup or try cream of broccoli.
They’re great swap outs.
What should I serve this easy chicken tetrazzini with?
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be eaten alone. You really don’t need to serve it with anything.
But if you do choose to serve this with something, I’d suggest a vegetable or a nice big table salad.
Here are a few easy recipes that would be great sides.
- The best marinated tomatoes
- Frozen roasted green beans
- Roasted garlic Parmesan broccoli
- Ranch butter corn
Easy chicken tetrazzini ingredients
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Cooked spaghetti ( to al dente)
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded monetary jack cheese
- Softened cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Chicken stock
Fist, add the spaghetti, chicken, cheeses, chicken broth and soups in a large bowl.
Now season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Then stir everything together until it’s evenly combined.
Next add the mixture into a baking dish.
Add more shredded cheddar and monetary jack cheese.
Cover the chicken tetrazzini with aluminum foil and bake it at 375° for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sides are bubbly.
Let it cool slightly and enjoy!
Easy chicken tetrazzini recipe video
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- 1 10.5oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10.5oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.5 c monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 c chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 2 tbs parsley, dried (optional)
- First, add all of the ingredients (reserve a half cup each of the cheddar and monterey jack cheese) in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine and add it to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Now top it with the reserved cheeses and a little dried parsley if you'd like
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sides are nice and bubbly.
- Finally let it cool sightly and enjoy