This super easy 4 ingredient cherry danish recipe is the perfect breakfast, snack or sweet treat.
4 Ingredient Cherry Danish
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Did you know a 4 ingredient cherry danish recipe even existed?
I’m only asking because I always assumed making danishes was a complicated process.
I’m sure If you’re making them from scratch they are. But we take short cuts around here!
Using Pillsbury Crescent Rolls cuts major corners. It’s the perfect buttery base for this cherry and cream cheese danish.
I’m not an awesome baker and I’m completely okay admitting that. It’s never really been my thing.
Simple recipes like this are perfect for me. They’re super easy to do and are pretty much fool proof.
I love these 4 ingredient cherry danishes for breakfast, as a snack, for dessert or whatever.
It’s kind of an anytime food.
These are such a delicious no fuss recipe. I know if you try them you’ll love them as much as I do.
Other Simple Desserts
If you like simple semi homemade desserts like this one here are a few others you’ll be sure to love, too.
- Mini banana cream pies
- Cinnamon roll apple pies
- Warm chocolate chip cookie skillet
- 3 ingredient blueberry cobbler
Tips to make this recipe its best
This 4 ingredient cherry danish recipe is very easy to follow.
There are some little things you can do to make sure it’s at it’s absolutely best.
Here are some tips:
- Cream Cheese- make sure the cream cheese is softened. That will make it much easier to spread into the crescent rolls.
- Sugar- don’t substitute the powdered regular sugar here. The cream cheese will be gritty not smooth and the texture will be way off.
- Pie Filling- spoon the pie filling into a little divot on top of the cream cheese if you like the look of them being uniform. I actually prefer the kinda sloppier more random plops of cherry pie filling but that’s a great tip if you don’t.
4 ingredient cherry danish filling variations
So I love cherry pie filling.
It’s my favorite and that’s why I chose it for this Danish recipe here.
If you want to switch that out, be my guest.
Any fruit pie filling would be amazing here. Here are some suggestions:
Get creative and use whatever you’d like.
How to store these cherry danishes
These cherry danishes are best kept in the fridge.
Try to put some plastic wrap on them to keep them nice and moist.
They can keep fresh in the fridge for up to 4/5 days.
4 ingredient cherry danish ingredients:
- Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Cherry pie filling
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
First take the pillsbury crescent rolls out of the container. DO NOT unroll them. Keep in in one big log.
Now slice them into about 1/2 inch rounds. This should make about 7-8 portions.
Then lay them down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Using your fingers, make a dip in the center. Keep the edges tall so the fillings will stay inside.
Now mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together.
Take about a tablespoon and a half and place it in the center of the crescent roll round.
Then take about a tablespoon of the cherry pie filling and place it on top of the cream cheese.
Bake them in the oven at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is lightly golden brown.
Let them cool slightly and serve warm.
4 ingredient cherry danish recipe video
4 Ingredient Cherry Danish
- baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 7-8 tbs Cherry Pie Filling
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 tbs Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Open the can of crescent rolls and keep them whole. DO NOT unroll them- keep it in a log shape
- Using a sharp knife, slice them into equal rounds about 1/2 inch thick. This should make about 7-8.
- Place them down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using your fingers, push the center down. Be sure to leave a lip on the outside so the filling stays inside.
- Now mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Place about a tablespoon and a half into the center of each crescent roll.
- Now add about a tablespoon of cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese
- Bake them for about 12-15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are lightly browned.
- serve warm or at room temperature and enjpy.