Chicken nugget parmesan is a short cut version of the tedious classic. Kinds go crazy for this one.
Chicken Nugget Parmesan
Chicken nugget parmesan is an “Italian tragedy”.
We’ll, that’s what Gordon Ramsey said when I posted this on social media.
I had made this recipe to share on Tik Tok and it did well in terms of views on that app.
It gained the attention of Chef Gordon Ramsey and he had so much to say about it that he dueted my recipe in a reaction video.
Check out the full video here:
He was not happy. Sorry Gordon!
Something awesome happened as a result though. Besides getting his attention which I was super happy about.
Even an insult by him is still a compliment if you think about it.
The video he posted got over 27 million views. How awesome is that??
So many more people got to see my recipe video that I originally anticipated.
Also, the internet came to bat for me!! People were really upset at Gordon for not liking my chicken nugget parmesan recipe.
It got so much attention actually that several news outlets picked the story up.
It was so cool!!
I hope you take the majority’s side here and give this recipe a try.
I think you’re going to love it.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a new cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss, no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Preorder your copy HERE. Thank you for the support.
What chicken nuggets should I use?
I used Perdue dinosaur chicken nuggets for this recipe.
I thought my kids would enjoy that better than regular chicken nuggets.
Any brand you’d like to use would be fine. It really doesn’t matter at all.
Just be sure to cook them according to the directions on the package first.
What tomato sauce should I use?
That’s completely up to you!
I used Raoes Homemade marinara sauce here but use whatever brand you’re into.
If you’re looking for a good homemade sauce recipe, I have one HERE.
Chicken Nugget Parmesan Ingredients
- Chicken nuggets (I used dino nuggets) cooked according to the package.
- Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Garlic powder
- Cooking spray
First, open your Hawaiian rolls and cut them vertically down the center without separating the individual rolls and place them into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Then add a thick layer of tomato sauce to the bottom half of the rolls.
Now add the mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato sauce.
Next add the cooked chicken nuggets. Be sure to line them up with the individual rolls as best as you can.
After that add another layer of mozzarella cheese.
Now add more tomato sauce.
Then add some Parmesan cheese. I like to call this an “Italian blizzard”.
Add the top of the rolls back on.
In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave and add the garlic powder and parsley.
Brush the garlic butter on top of the rolls.
Bake them at 350° for about 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them they burn fast.
Finally let them cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Chicken Nugget Parmesan Recipe Video
Chicken Nugget Parmesan
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 12 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 Dino Nuggets or regular chicken nuggets
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbs Butter, metled
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley, dry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut the rolls in half (horizontally) and place the bottom of the rolls onto the sprayed baking dish.
- Add half of the tomato sauce to the bottom half of the rolls and add half of the mozzarella cheese slices
- Then add the cooked chicken nuggets on top. Try to place them into each individual roll place
- Then add the rest of the mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Place the top of the rolls on top.
- Add the garlic and parsley to the melted butter. Stir it together and brush in on top of the rolls.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes or until the rolls and lightly toasted.
- Let them cool slightly and serve warm.