This incredibly delicious one pot creamy broccoli pasta is the perfect, no fuss weekday dinner.
One pot creamy broccoli pasta
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy week day dinner this one pot creamy broccoli pasta is it!
I’m not kidding when I tell you that this recipe is guaranteed to secure a permanent spot in your dinner time rotation.
The flavors of the cream sauce along with the broccoli and pasta are absolutely incredible together.
Also, it’s all made in one pot. No need to boil the pasta separately for this one.
It doesn’t get any easier than that!
This one pot creamy broccoli pasta is a recipe that my family requests often and I’m more then happy to make or for them.
It’s so easy to make and is finished in no time, too.
Quick, easy, delicious AND I only have one pot to clean once it’s all over.
You just can’t go wrong with this one.
I know if you give this recipe a try you’re going to absolutely love it, too.
Other pasta dinners
If you like super easy pasta dinners that are perfect for a busy weekday, here are a few more recipes that I think you’ll love.
- Creamy pancetta and peas pasta
- The best no roux shells and cheese
- Easy cheeseburger casserole
- Tik Toks viral alfredo sauce
Do I have to use fresh broccoli?
No, you don’t have to use fresh broccoli for this recipe.
Frozen broccoli works here, too.
Just add the frozen broccoli into the sauce a minute or two earlier then I suggested using the fresh.
Give it a little extra time to thaw.
What pasta should I use for this?
I truly believe there’s no right or wrong answer here. Even though there’s a “right” pasta for every dish technically.
I love shells for this recipe because I feel like it really holds onto the cream sauce and broccoli very well.
Use your favorite pasta is or whatever you have in your pantry that needs to be used.
Can I use fresh parmesan cheese?
Absolutely you can!
Ive made this one pot creamy broccoli pasta using fresh parmesan cheese before and it’s incredible.
To be honest, fresh parmesan cheese is expansive and the stuff in the container tastes just fine to me.
If you’d like to swap out the “shaker” parmesan for the fresh stuff, be my guest and enjoy.
One pot creamy broccoli pasta ingredients
- Pasta shells
- Onion, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Head of broccoli, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the diced onion. Let the onion cook for about a minute.
Then add the garlic and sauté until the onion is soft.
Now add the chicken broth.
Next add the heavy cream.
Then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Bring the liquid up to a boil and add pasta.
Lid the pot and cook the pasta over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
Now add the chopped broccoli florets and stir them in.
Lid the pot and cook the pasta and broccoli together for another 4 minutes.
Now remove the lid and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir that it into the pasta.
Finally add the lid back on and turn the heat off. Allow the sauce to thicken for about 2/3 minutes.
Reseason the pasta with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Give it one more big stir to combine everything together.
Serve warm and enjoy.
One pot creamy broccoli pasta recipe video:
One Pot Creamy Broccoli Pasta
- large pot
- 1 box Shells (medium pasta shells)
- 4 tbs Butter
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli florets, chopped small
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs Garlic Powder
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute for 1 minute
- Now add the garlic and continue to saute until the onion is soft (about 2-3 more minutes)
- Then add the chicken broth and heavy cream. Season with salt, pepper and half of the garlic powder.
- Bring the liquid up to a boil and add the whole box of shells. Lid the pot and boil the pasta over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the broccoli florets into small pieces. Try to cut them into relatively same size pieces to they cook evenly.
- When the 5 minutes is up, add the broccoli to the pot and lid it again for another 4 minutes
- Add the parmesan cheese and reasason the pasta with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir everything together well.
- Turn the heat off and redid the pot for another 2 minutes to let the same thicken up
- Transfer the pasta to a serving platter and serve warm. Enjoy!