Making a sheet pan breakfast pizza is the best of both worlds and so easy to do.
Sheet Pan Breakfast Pizza
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
How good does a nice hot sheet pan breakfast pizza sound?
It sounds phenomenal to me!
I was walking past 7/11 the other day and I saw a sign for a breakfast pizza on the door.
I thought to myself, what an awesome idea!
If you like pizza and you like breakfast then why not combine the two?
It’s the best of both worlds!
From the second I saw that sign hanging on the door I was on a mission to make one.
All I have to say is WOW.
I was super impressed with how delicious it turned out.
Sausage, egg and cheese on a crescent roll crust. Chefs kiss for real.
This sheet pan breakfast pizza is super versatile, too.
There are so many options for flavor combinations to choose from.
This is a great breakfast or brunch option if you’re cooking for a crowd, too.
This recipe was a big hit at my house. Everyone really enjoyed it.
I know if you try this sheet pan breakfast pizza that you’ll love it, too.
Other easy breakfast options
If you love quick and easy breakfasts like this one here are some other recipes you will love, also.
- Breakfast crescent rolls
- 4 ingredient cherry danish
- Ham and Swiss crescent rolls
- Crispy oven baked bacon
- Cinnamon roll waffles
Sheet pan breakfast pizza crust
A pizza isn’t a pizza without the crust.
I used a Pillsbury Crescent Rolls sheet for this one. It was buttery, light and went perfectly with the sausage egg and cheese.
If you’d like to use something different, I bet regular pizza dough would work, too.
It may not be as great of a pairing as the crescent rolls but it would work.
Phyllo dough is another option. Puff pastry would be a great for a flakey crust.
If you’re trying to low carb it up, try this on a tortilla, too!
Sheet pan breakfast pizza variations
Just because I used sausage egg and cheese for this recipe doesn’t mean you need to.
Use whatever cheese or breakfast meat you’d like.
Bacon would of course be amazing here!
The toppings are endless, too.
Add some sautéed peppers, onions, tomatoes or whatever your favorites are.
How to spice this sheet pan breakfast pizza up
I prefer spicy food any day of the week.
If you’re like me, here are some ways to turn up the heat on this breakfast sandwich.
- Use pepper Jack or spicy cheese
- Use spicy sausage
- Top with sriracha or any hot sauce before serving
Do I have to shred the cheese myself?
No, you don’t have to but I’d strongly recommend avoiding the preshredded cheese that comes in a bag.
That stuff has got chemicals like cellulose in it that prevent clumping.
The problem with that is that it also prevents it from melting well, too.
If you shred the cheese yourself it will melt very well and your breakfast pizza will taste much better as a result.
Trust me you’ll see the difference.
Sheet pan breakfast pizza ingredients
- Pillsbury crescent rolls sheet
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Breakfast sausage
- Salt and pepper
- Everything but the bagel seasoning (optional)
First, lay the crescent roll sheet down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Then bake the crescent rolls according to the directions on the package but not for the full time.
Remove it around 10 minutes or until the dough is lightly browned.
In the meantime, brown the sausage over medium high heat.
Break it into small crumbles as it cooks and set it aside when it’s done.
Now crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl and whisk them until they’re well combined. They should kinda look like a orange juice in the bowl.
Next, add butter to the same pan the sausage was cooked in and melt it over medium high heat.
Add the eggs and lower the heat to medium low.
Now scrape the bottom of the pan and scramble the eggs just until they’re cooked.
Season them with salt and pepper to taste.
Then add half of the shredded cheese to the crescent roll crust.
Now top that with the scrambled eggs.
After that sprinkle the sausage on the top and add the rest of the cheese.
Add some everything but the bagel seasoning evenly to the top. (Optional)
Finally put it back into the oven and bake it for another 5 minutes or so. Just until the cheese is melted.
Let it cool slightly and cut it into squares before serving.
Sheet pan breakfast pizza recipe video
Sheet Pan Breakfast Pizza
- baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent sheet
- 1/3 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 tbs butter
- 6-7 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs everything but the bagel seasoning
- First, unroll the crescent rolls sheet and place in on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake it according the directions on the back of the packaging but not to the full Recommend time. Remove the crust once its starting to brown. This should take about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the sausage in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Using your spoon or spatula break the meat into small pieces. Set it aside in a bowl once its cooked all the way through.
- Now in a bowl, add the eggs and whisk them together.
- In that same skillet, add butter and melt it over medium high heat then add the eggs. Lower the heat to medium low and scramble the eggs. Season then with salt and pepper.
- Once the crust is ready, add half of the shredded cheese to it. Then add the scrambled eggs, sausage crumbles, the rest of the cheese and the everything bagel seasoning, too.
- Put the breakfast pizza back in the oven and cook it until the cheese is melted. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly before cutting it into squares and serving. Enjoy!
About Al Dente Diva
Tara Ippolito is a self taught home cook from New Jersey and cookbook author of Fast, Simple, Delicious. Better known as “T” across social media, she makes easy to follow recipes using familiar ingredients. T uses her Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest channels to share recipes and cooking tips for everyday people. Her motivation to share with her followers is simple. To inspire people to cook and become more comfortable in the kitchen.
As a wife and busy mother of two little boys she she’s always cooking fast family friendly meals. Sharing her kitchen with others that want to learn is a true passion of hers. As her social media platforms continue to grow she is committed to delivering consistently delicious content to her followers.
It’s the crescent roll crust for me!!
[…] Sheet pan breakfast pizza […]
[…] Sheet Pan Breakfast Pizza — Al Dente Diva […]