This is the best chicken teriyaki recipe you’ll ever make. Also, the easiest.
The BEST Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
From the recipe collection of Al Dente Diva
If you want the best chicken teriyaki recipe of all them you’ve come to the right place. I got this recipe years ago and I haven’t found one that even comes close to how good this one is.
I don’t know what the food court situation is in the malls where you live but in Jersey they’re fantastic. You can always count on at least one Chinese food restaurant offering free samples to people passing by. Usually they’re a small pieces of chicken teriyaki on a toothpick. I challenge anyone to walk by and not take one. It’l can’t happen. The chicken is so good that it’s physically impossible to decline.
You know what mall chicken I’m talking about? This recipe tastes just like that. So if you live for the food court Chinese food samples at your local mall you will absolutely love this.
- Chicken Thighs
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Ground Ginger
- Fresh Garlic
- Brown Sugar
- Rice Wine Vinegar
1. First cube up the chicken thighs into same size pieces.
2. Now in a large bowl add the chicken & all the other ingredients.
3. Then cover & marinate overnight.
4. Finally remove the chicken and cook it in a skillet with a little olive oil. Add sesame seeds towards the end if desired.
5. Serve warm & enjoy.
Just an FYI
- Usually swap outs work very well but I’d strongly suggest using the chicken thighs in this recipe instead of breasts. It really does make a difference.
- If you don’t have time to marinate overnight a few hours is fine. Overnight marinades just pack a lot more flavor so if you have the time try to wait for it.
- What to serve this with is up to you. I chose white rice but stir fry vegetables or large noodles would work wonderfully. I have a great recipe for ROASTED BROCCOLI that would be awesome with this, too.
- Check out my TIK TIK comments for even more inspiration for this recipe.
The BEST Chicken Teriyaki
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbs Honey
- 1/2 c Water
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- First cube up the chicken thighs into same size piece
- Now in a large bowl add the chicken & all the other ingredients
- Then cover & marinate overnight
- Finally remove the chicken and cook it in a skillet with a little olive oil. Add sesame seeds towards the end if desired
- Serve Warm