The best chicken cutlets are made with thinly sliced chicken breast coated in seasoned breadcrumbs and pan fried until golden brown.
The Best Chicken Cutlets
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
You haven’t had the best chicken cutlets until you’ve tried this recipe.
I’ve been making these for years and truly feel like I’ve found the perfect combinations of all the ingredients.
A great chicken cutlet needs to be thin, well seasoned and perfectly cooked to a crispy golden brown.
I can teach you how to hit all of those marks and make the best chicken cutlets ever.
My family goes crazy for these every time I make them. Which has recently turned into once a week.
They’re in a serious chicken cutlet kick and I can completely understand why.
I know I’d you try this recipe, you’ll love them, too!
Fast. Simple. Delicious
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HERE to order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
These are all of the main bullet points that make a great chicken cutlet.
Thin Chicken Breast
In the case of chicken cutlets, thin is always in.
Perdue sells pre packaged thinly sliced chicken breast that I buy from my local grocery store.
This is super convenient but they may not be available where you shop.
If you can’t find these, just pound your chicken as thin as you can.
What breadcrumbs should I use?
I really like seasoned breadcrumbs for chicken cutlets. I think it adds another great level of flavor.
There are a lot of people who swear by panko breadcrumbs though.
Either would work just fine here so use whatever you like best.
What oil should I use?
Using an oil with a high smoke point is the best option.
That basically means it can get really hot and it will hold that heat without burning itself or the food.
Vegetable and canola oil are my favorites to fry with. I’d go with one of those for this.
What should I serve the best chicken cutlets with?
This recipe is so great because you can serve them with just about anything.
But you could serve them with just about anything.
What can I make with them?
There are so many things to do with chicken cutlets once you have them made.
Here are a few ideas:
- Salad toppers
- Chicken Parmesan dinner
- Chicken cutlet sandwich
- Pizza topping
The Best Chicken Cutlet Ingredients:
- Thinly sliced chicken breast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Canola/ vegetable oil for frying
1. Season your chicken breast on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs and the milk.
3. In a spectate shallow bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
4. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and let the extra run off back into the bowl.
5. Now place the chicken into the breadcrumbs and fully coat it on both sides.
6. Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown. Once you see the sides of the chicken start to brown that means they’re ready to flip.
7. Dry the chicken cutlets on a wire rack or paper towels once they’re cooked all the way through and golden brown on both sides.
8. Lightly salt them and serve warm.
The Best Chicken Cutlet Recipe Video
The Best Chicken Cutlets
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- canola oil
- season the chicken breast on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk together.
- in another shallow bowl, add the bread crumbs
- dip the chicken breast into the egg mixture and coat it completely. Let the extra egg run off
- now add the chicken to the bread crumbs. Generously coat the chicken in them on both sides
- in a large frying pan add enough oil until it cover the bottom of the pan with about 1/2 inch of oil. Heat the oil to 350 degrees over medium high heat.
- fry the cutlets on both sides for bout 3 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- when the chicken is done, remove them from the oil and let them cool on either a wire rack or paper towels.
- immediately sprinkle them with just a little more salt and serve warm