Switch up your normal dinner time routine with this incredibly delicious and easy to make bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe.
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
This is one bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe that is sure to please.
You can’t go wrong with this one. I receive zero complaints from my family whenever I serve this for dinner.
I consider that a huge win considering my 5 and 9 year old boys are the toughest food critics Ive ever had.
Kids truly have no filter when it comes to their opinions on food I’ve realized.
This recipe is a fantastic way to switch up your regular meatloaf routine.
The shredded cheese and bacon really add in something special here.
I mean, it’s kinda hard not to like something that tastes like one big giant bacon cheeseburger.
Making this recipe is the best because I know everyone in my family will just love it.
I know if you give this recipe a try that you’ll love it too.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HERE to order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
Tips for making the best cheeseburger meatloaf recipe
- Don’t over mix- over mixing the meat will make it the meatloaf too dense. Mix the meat just until it’s combined and leave it alone.
- Shred the cheese- be sure to shred the cheese yourself and avoid the premade stuff that comes in the bag. It will melt much better.
- Slices of bread- add slices of stale bread to the bottom of the meatloaf. It will soak up all the fatty grease.
Do I have to use lean ground beef?
If you are using beef then yes, I would suggest lean ground beef.
Between the shredded cheese and the fat of the bacon, you’ll need the beef to be lean in order to be sure that it holds together.
If you’d like to use something besides ground beef, ground turkey or chicken would work also.
Do I really have to shred the cheese myself?
Yes, absolutely! This is the one thing that I’d really urge you not to take a shortcut on.
Pre-shredded bagged cheese has chemicals in it like cellulose.
This keeps the cheese from clumping but it also prevents it from melting properly
Shred the cheese off the block. This meatloaf will be much creamier that way.
What can I serve this bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe with?
There are so many side dishes that would go together perfectly with this meatloaf recipe.
Feel free to serve it with whatever your favorites are.
I like to pair this with a potato like one of these options below.
And a vegetable, too. Like one of these for example.
Bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe ingredients
- Lean ground beef
- Crumbled bacon
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- Worcestershire sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 3 slices of bread preferably the heel (optional)
First, add the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup.
Now, season it with salt and pepper to taste and add the mayo, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
Then, mix everything together. Don’t over mix it. Stop once all of the ingredients are combined.
After that, add the mixture to a parchment paper or foil lined baking sheet.
Now, spread some ketchup onto the top.
Then bake it in the oven until the ground beef is cooked all the way through.
Finally, it cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
- 1.5 lbs Lean ground beef
- 10 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Eggs
- 1 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c Breadcrumbs, seasoned or panko is fine too
- 1/4 c Mayonaise
- 3 tbs Worchertshire Sauce
- 1/3 c Ketchup (plus 1/4 c to sprad on top of the meatloaf)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, add the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Season it with salt and pepper to taste and add the mayo, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Then, mix everything together. Don’t over mix it. Stop once all of the ingredients are combined.
- After that, add the mixture to a parchment paper or foil lined baking sheet.
- Now, spread some ketchup onto the top and bake it at 375 degrees for about 45-55 minute or until the beef is cooked all the way through
- Let it cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy!