Make this roasted garlic parmesan broccoli for the perfect roasted garlicky broccoli roasted with a hint of fresh lemon and cheese.
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
Broccoli fan or not, this roasted garlic Parmesan broccoli will be your new favorite side dish.
I’ve made this so many times over the years and it’s always a hit.
Even my kids love this recipe and they generally try to avoid vegetables at all costs.
I don’t use the word irresistible often but this side dish is exactly that.
It goes with just about everything and it’s super easy to make, too.
This has been my go to side dish recipe for years now.
There’s something about the lightly charred broccoli that goes so well with the garlic and Parmesan. It’s absolutely delicious!
I know if you give this roasted garlic Parmesan broccoli a try it will become a favorite side dish recipe of yours, too.
Fast. Simple. Delicious.
Did you know that I have a cookbook called Fast Simple Delicious?
It’s 60 no fuss no fail comfort food recipes perfect for busy weekday dinners.
Click HEREto order your copy or click the 3 lines in the top right corner and click “Book”. Thank you for the support.
Can I use frozen broccoli?
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe.
I prefer the fresh head of broccoli here but frozen definitely works.
Just make sure to thaw it first and try to remove some moisture by patting it with a kitchen towel.
This will just help the broccoli roast better.
Other Easy Side Dishes
If you like super easy and delicious side dishes like this onei here are a couple more you would love, too.
Roasted garlic Parmesan broccoli ingredients
- Broccoli heads
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (I used powdered but you can use fresh for sure, too)
First, rinse and dry the broccoli heads then cut them up into florets. try to keep them as equal in size as you can so they cook evenly.
Place them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Drizzle them in olive oil and season them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Then toss everything together until the broccoli is evenly coated and bake it at 400° for about 15-20 minutes.
Once they’re done, remove them from the oven. I like to let them get a little bit charred but take them out whenever they’re done to your liking.
Now squeeze the lemon juice all over the broccoli.
Then add the Parmesan cheese.
Finally toss the lemon juice and Parmesan cheese onto the broccoli. Serve warm and enjoy!
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccoli Recipe Video
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 2 large Heads of broccoli
- 4 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese add more if you'd like to!
- First preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse and dry the broccoli heads and cut them into relatively equal sized florets.
- Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and drizzle them with the olive oil. Season the broccoli with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to combine
- Bake the broccoli for about 20 minutes. I like mine little extra charred. If you do too, just leave it in for an extra couple of minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the broccoli and add the parmesan cheeese.
- Toss it all together and serve warm. Enjoy!