This delicious ranch butter corn is only 3 ingredients and is the perfect summer side.
Ranch Butter Corn
From the recipe collection of Tara Ippolito
If you’ve never had ranch butter corn you’re in for a treat.
This recipe is so delicious and a nice new way to serve corn on the cob.
There’s nothing like Jersey corn in the summer time. I wait all year for it to be in season.
I like to eat it as often as I can but there are only so many ways to make it.
That’s why I love this ranch butter corn recipe.
It’s got such s unique flavor to it. Something different to break up the regular old routine.
The best part is that it’s so easy to make, too!
All you need is just a couple ears of corn, butter and a dry ranch dressing packet.
That’s all there is to it!
I hope you give this easy ranch butter corn a try.
I know you’ll love it just as much as my family does.
Other side dishes
If you like super easy to make side dishes like this one, here are a few others you’ll love too.
Do I have to boil the corn?
Absolutely not. You can cook the corn however you’d like.
I chose to boil mine but you can easily grill it, make it in the instant pot, microwave or cook it using any other method you’d like.
How to shuck the corn
Cleaning the corn properly is so important.
There’s nothing worse then biting into it and getting those long stringy things in between your teeth.
Here’s how to do it:
- Starting at the top of the top pull back all of the leaves to the bottom of the stalk.
- I like to cut the stalk off with a knife. It just makes it look cleaner.
- I do the same with the tip. If there are ant kernels that don’t look so great at the tip just cut them off.
- Those long stringy looking hairs are calls silks. Remove as many of those as you can.
- This is optional but I like to break the corn in half, too. I find it’s way easier to cook and eat that way.
Do I have to use fresh corn?
Yes and no. I like fresh corn for this recipe because I’m spoiled by Jersey corn.
If you don’t have access to fresh corn like that you can use frozen corn too.
Just make the frozen corn as directed on the package and mix as much ranch butter as you’d like into it.
Ranch Butter Corn Ingredients
- Corn in the cob (cleaned)
- Butter (room temp)
- Ranch dressing packet
First clean the corn and cut it in half.
Then place it in a pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
Meanwhile in a shallow bowl add the butter and ranch dressing packet.
Stir them together.
Then take each piece of the corn and place them in the butter.
Roll the corn into the butter until it’s completely covered in it.
Now plate the corn and spoon the remaining butter on top.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Ranch Butter Corn Recipe Video
Ranch Butter Corn
- 4 ears corn on the cob (cleaned and cut in half)
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1 1 oz Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing packet
- Clean, cut in half and boil the corn in a pot of hot water for about 5 minutes until the corn in cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, mix the ranch dressing packet with the room temperature butter into a shallow bowl
- Place the cooked corn into the bowl and toss it into the ranch butter
- Spoon the remaining ranch butter over the corn and serve warm